Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
dornoforpyros said:
Exactly!
Cop:"What are you doing on the beach"
Mom & Son:
"Smoking Pot"
"Drinking"
"Taking a friendly walk"
"Having a discussion"
"Catching up"

Or, Cop:"What are you doing on the beach"

Mom & Son: None of your d*mn business. ;) :)

redAPPLE

macrumors 68030
May 7, 2002
2 Much Infinite Loops
Lau said:
It's interesting, in spite of being very amusing. The cliche of a son not finding anyone to live up to their mother's standards might not be so far from the truth. The connection you have with you family can't be explained.

When I was a kid, my best friends mum was a social worker, and had worked with a man and woman who were madly in love as they fought a court case to stay together. Why the court case? They met at a party as adults. Bam. Instant attraction, they wanted to get married and have kids. The problem? They were (biological) brother and sister, and had been brought up separately in care, and that was the first time they had properly met.

I found this interesting, as I know I have a bond with my brother that can't be explained. However, as we grew up together any thought of anything dirty is "Ewww!:eek: ". But I have a similar feeling about friends I've known since I was a kid. One of my best friends I've known longer than my brother (he's my age) and any thought of getting it on with him (although he's very attractive, funny and successful) also leaves me cold, because he feels like my brother (no pun intended :D ).

So, I wonder if, like the brother and sister mentioned above, when the usual growing up together bit is taken away, either by people growing up separately, or by 're-meeting' on the internet, that the bond you have with a family member is as strong as in real life, but free from the taboos that are built in to avoid incest. When you (as a boy) have been brought up by your mum (and you have had a reasonably good relationship), it's presumably natural that you then look for a partner who will continue to look after you in a similar fashion to your mum. So who better to choose than...your mum!

interesting stuff. but the last 2 sentences simply gave me goosebumps. care to talk about the iWalk or something else guys?

redAPPLE

macrumors 68030
May 7, 2002
2 Much Infinite Loops
william sire said:
I would have taken the ticket and ran expalaining nothing. I would love to see the follow up to this story. I mean now the husband knows that his wife will cheat on him, with some one she has not even met yet. I wouldn't care how old the son is either, we would be getting a DNA test.

this would be a nice topic for a reality show...

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
I don't think Mom and Dad will be complaining about this, because the little twerp just brought home somebody just as good as Mom. :)

For once it'll finally be hard for them to say anything bad about her. :eek:

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
yellow said:
I figured as much. No one is THAT stupid. Are they?

. o O < thought bubble >

The likely hood of it happening is slim but it could... you always hear about people not sending a real picture of themselves and telling lies to each other before they meet. Heck... let's say this...

Son goes over to parents house for dinner... secretly checks his InternetMatchMaker.com mail... logs out but doesn't remove the history. Mom comes in a few days later and sees InternetMatchMaker.com in the history and goes to it... she starts frequenting the site. She might not realize what the history is anyway so she doesn't suspect somebody else was there...

If they lived close enough to each other and had similar desires (who isn't like their mother or father in some way? :)) it could match em up... lies lead up to a meeting... then... uh-oh... "MOM?!"

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
yellow said:
I think it's funny (and stupid) that they "dated" for 6 months... without meeting.
Perhaps my definition of "dating" is radically different than those of kids today..

My gf met a guy on the internet, "dated" him for several months, and then went halfway around the world to meet him. She considered them "together" months before they ever met... I'll never understand it. I could never think of myself in a relationship with someone that I hadn't actually met!

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
Lau said:
When you (as a boy) have been brought up by your mum (and you have had a reasonably good relationship), it's presumably natural that you then look for a partner who will continue to look after you in a similar fashion to your mum. So who better to choose than...your mum!

Everyone hates admit it, but it's true. :p

I don't doubt it. I acknowledge that i actively look for women with traits similar to my mother. :)

peace | neut

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
neut said:
Everyone hates admit it, but it true. :p

I don't doubt it. I acknowledge tha i actively look for women with traits similar to my mother. :)

peace | neut

It isn't true for me. My mother is cold woman, judgemental and impatient.

In meeting women, I usually look for the exact opposite.

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
cr2sh said:
It isn't true for me. My mother is cold woman, judgemental and impatient.

Yeah ... i don't think a cold, judgemental and impatient mother would cause much desire for the same in a lover. Though that could be the root of certain fetishes. :p

peace | neut

maestro55

macrumors 68030
Nov 13, 2005
Goat Farm in Meridian, TX
We just finished reading Oedipus Rex in our Senior English class. So obviously this reminded me much of the play. I am certainly going to have to share this with my senior english teacher.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
cr2sh said:

I don't know if I'd go that far, but I'll tell you what --- I definitely don't date women who breast-fed and spanked me unless we're around the same age, and that person is NOT my mother. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.