Man From Earth - Has Anyone Seen This?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Cleverboy, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    I just finished watching the movie "Man From Earth". Excellent film.

I remember last night, standing in front of the RedBox at my local supermarket, thinking, "Is this a good movie"? The image on the cover attracted my attention, and the plot line reminded me of a story I'd started to write almost 15 years ago and never finished. I whipped out my iPhone, and jumped onto RottenTomatoes.com, and then I went to IMDB. In both cases, the movie drew nearly NO reviews and seemed completely overlooked by anyone interested in commenting on it.

After watching the picture, it answered every want I'd had in a story. I had decided to take a chance on it and it completely paid off. It's the story of a man who has apparently lived over 14,000 years. As he decides to leave his current group of friends and move on, he entertains the idea of telling them who or what he really is... and it turns into a very thoughtful exercise in history, belief, and disproving something that seems on its face like it can not be.

At its heart, this movie entertains notions that will leap out and strangle the beliefs and convictions of many people. So much so, they may even turn the movie off halfway through.

The ending was pretty great, and one I didn't fully see coming. Sad and hopeful at the same time. I'm going to have some fun watching the extras still, but this is definitely a movie I plan to go out and buy TODAY. Its the last work of an original writer from Star Trek and the Twilight Zone, Jerome Bixby, apparently finished perhaps literally on his deathbed. Very interesting.

~ CB

2. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

I was actually planning on watching this today.