Man Hit by Roller Coaster

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by chainprayer, Sep 4, 2008.

1. chainprayer macrumors 6502a

2. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

...or if you prefer Unintelligent design... :D

But you can't blame him too much, those Ninjas are sneaky!

3. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

That's why they tell you to take hats off before the ride leaves...

4. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

I totally agree.

I say we let evolution unfold. Let survival of the fit prevail, let the stupid ones become extinct. Much like the kid that got decapitated, sorry if this seems harsh but tragedy it was NOT. That was mother nature saying "the sign said keep out stupid!"

It takes just a few mins to get ahold of a six flags guy (hell they're in all the stores and hey have walkies) and ask to get it retrieved. BUT, if you feel like tempting fate, well, be my guest.

5. brian9271 macrumors 6502

brian9271

They also ask you to take off your glasses on some rides

6. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

Man, the Ninja coaster is old. Brings back a lot of good memories from my childhood.

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Knocked unconscious? Am I the only person who's a bit disappointed that this guy isn't dead? :confused:

9. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

exactly, just like JFK. what an idiot for getting shot:rolleyes:

sorry I know they are completely different but just trying to make a point, it's not always a sign of stupidity when someone get railroaded...

10. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

but this IS this guys fault for going where access was restricted. :confused::confused:

11. BreederCreature macrumors member

BreederCreature

wow, this is the most outrageous comparison I have come across in my life-time.

my favorite part is: "I know they are completely different but just trying to make a point". I think you made a very clear point, just not the one you intended to.

12. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

[​IMG]

13. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

No.

The story does seem to lack a certain "punch".

14. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I'm just curious of a.) how your mind made this jump and b.) how you are going to explain the rather bizarre logic behind this post and c.) your point.

Even if the hat cost £100 or more there would be no way that I would go back to go and get it, especially when the ride is on.

15. macworkerbee macrumors 6502

Well, if he recovers then he can tell the story that he got beat up by a Ninja . . .

Sorry, I just had to do it :D

16. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

I was stupid once, and wore my glasses on a roller coaster. My brother and sister both took off their glasses and cautioned me to do the same. I said "nah, I'll be fine".

Within five seconds of the downhill ascent, this particular coaster did a corkscrew and I felt the glasses slip off. I tried to grab them but it was too late, they were gone.

I told the operator, and they told me to come back at 3:00pm, that's when the ride shut down for about 15 minutes and they did all the hat/glasses/wallet retrievals for people. I spent most of the day wandering around the theme park half blind, being led around because I couldn't see. Not fun.

17. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Selection of the Fittest - Darwinism or
    Natural Selection - Lamacrkism;)

18. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Very true.

19. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

I thought Indiana Jones was a fictional character. :confused:

20. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

my point being that a bunch of people love to jump on a post like this and say stupid crap like "the guy deserved it for being stupid" and "Darwinism in action", which basically implies that whenever someone dies prematurely or makes a mistake or takes a chance, it is their own fault for being stupid. Many people die prematurely for a variety of reasons, and many people just make mistakes, I don't think it's fair to be so harsh and jump on someone for making a mistake.

I know what this guy did was stupid and I don't defend his action but let's try to be a little more understanding of people's human frailties. I am not a religious zealot but I just hate the whole Darwin BS, makes human beings seem like a bunch of apes running around chasing the prized banana:rolleyes:

Beside, if no one ever took a chance and everyone lived perfect safe little lives, how boring would it be?

21. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Well, you're right, he was stupid, and his attempt to remove himself from the gene pool is a good thing for the species. If he died, he can't pass that predilection for stupid behavior along, and if he lived, it's a lesson learned to be passed on. That's evolution, whether you like it or not. The smart ones move on, the stupid ones get smarter, the really stupid ones get dead.

As far as the (internet) community response, that's part of the process, too. We all learn a little lesson, and get to feel a bit smarter for not doing that ourselves (and maybe knowing better in the first place).

22. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

Um, yeah...if someone takes a stupid chance and dies, it IS his own fault for being stupid. :rolleyes: This wasn't something random like a meteor falling on the guy's head.

--Eric

23. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

What a daft person. I wouldn't be seen dead climbing 2 security fences and entering a dangerous area just for a hat.

24. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

That exact thing happened to the Six Flags in Georgia near me.

Except, they kid wanted to cut through the huge line. He climbed over two 6 foot fences with large warning signs.

It's a kind of ride that your feet dangle, so your car is under the track.
    The ride swooped down just as he stood on some platform.
    Decapitated.

Tragic event. Stupid kid.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,373341,00.html