Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Everyman's nightmare comes true ;)

Link to The Smoking Gun article

I am not posting the pics, but there are 5 of them on the site (not too graphic)

Skier Suffers Exposure
Man left dangling upside down, pantsless after Vail lift mishap

JANUARY 6--In a bizarre incident that will surely lead to litigation (or an out-of-court settlement), a skier at Colorado's ritzy Vail resort was left dangling upside down and pantsless from a chairlift last Thursday morning. The January 1 mishap apparently occurred after the male skier, 48, and a child boarded a high-speed lift in Vail's Blue Sky Basin. It appears that the chairlift's fold-down seat was somehow not in the lowered position, which caused the man to partially fall through the resulting gap. His right ski got jammed in the ascending chairlift, and that kept him upended since his boot never dislodged from its binding. As seen in the photos on the following pages (which were snapped by fellow skiers), the Skyline Express lift was stopped shortly after the pair's botched boarding resulted in the man dangling from the lift. The exposed skier was stuck for about 15 minutes before Vail personnel backed the lift up and successfully dislodged the unidentified man from the four-seat chair. The images on page four and five were taken by Marty Odom (who can be reached at martyodm@gmail.com if you're interested in licensing the photos). In a statement released this afternoon, Vail Resorts, which operates the ski area, reported that the skier was not injured after being "suspended for approximately seven minutes." The press release did not explain how the mishap occurred, only that "the man was caught on the chair."

Woof, Woof – Dawg
pawprint.gif

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio
I saw this on Fark.com last night. Those pics look as if they were meant to have the word "FAIL" added on them, LOLstyle.

I wonder how many bystanders had to refrain from asking the guy, "Hey, how's it hangin'?" :D

All humor aside, I'm glad he was essentially unhurt-- physically, anyway.

themoonisdown09

macrumors 601
Nov 19, 2007
Georgia, USA
Is this real? I don't understand how the chairlift would have pulled his pants off, let alone pulled his underwear off. :eek:

I think the guy was walking around with his pants down to begin with. He just had a mishap with the chairlift.

If I were this guy, I'd be proud. Everyone got to see his man-goods... unless he wasn't blessed... then it sucks.

keysersoze

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
NH
I think the guy was walking around with his pants down to begin with. He just had a mishap with the chairlift.

If I were this guy, I'd be proud. Everyone got to see his man-goods... unless he wasn't blessed... then it sucks.

yah, i bet the cold weather didn't help his 'appearance'

angelneo

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2004
afk
Nothing feels as great as having your little bugger out enjoying the breeze.. hmmm.. well except maybe when they are hard at work.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
If I was hanging upside-down like that off a ski lift by my boots and bindings, I would have pissed myself!!! Of course, it would probably hit my own face, resulting in even greater embarrassment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.