Man Runs into Burning Building to Rescue...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by bradl, Sep 3, 2015.

1. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

.. his ribs.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/trending/the-feed/man-really-happy-he-saved-his-barbecue-fire-video

I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or facepalm.. but I can definitely see Brian Babylon or Alonzo Bodden reading this in a game of 'Bluff the Listener' on Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me!

I guess the moral of this story is: Don't let anything - daytime, night time, smoke, fire, brimstone, or otherwise - come between a brutha and his ribs.

BL.

2. BittenApple macrumors 6502a

BittenApple

3. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Wait a minute... was he BBQing indoors?:eek: What sort of black magic is this? Those ribs look too big to fit in a George Foreman grill.

Call me a purist, but I only BBQ outdoors with charcoal.

4. bradl thread starter macrumors 68040

bradl

The article on KMPH's site (local news station in Fresno that originally covered the story) explains it better.

http://www.kmph-kfre.com/story/29961003/ribrob-viral-video-rib-man-on-kmph

BL.

5. Mousse, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2015

Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Ah! BBQing on the patio.:cool: His unit only suffered smoke damage, so he was in no danger going back for his ribs. It's not as if he's rushing into a raging inferno. A bit of smoke? I deal with that every time I cook indoors.:D:D

I would have the same thing.:eek: This ain't just any meat, it's BBQ by a real connoisseur (still cleaning the drool off my keyboard).:oops:

6. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I prefer using the oven. The temperature is easier to adjust and is more consistent. Plus I don't get attacked by mosquitoes and pestered by wasps.

It tastes just as good. I slow cook at a low temperature wrapped in foil all day. Then sear under the broiler. The only thing I can't match is a smoker. Heck many of the top BBQ joints I've seen on TV use an indoor rotisserie.

7. vkd macrumors 6502a

vkd

8. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Why did I have a flash back to "I'm gonna get you sucka"..... and the one rib scene.