jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Comment

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2003
All i know is -- thank god i'm in classes from 10.30 am to 10 pm on valentines day

the last thing i need is a constant reminder that it's valentines day

Comment

rt_brained

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2002
Creativille
Can you imagine that guy sitting in front of his computer watching people 'off' themselves for his own pleasure?

Either a god complex or he didn't have enough guts to do himself and be quiet little blip on the map.

Comment

iriejedi

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2000
Nor Cal
sigh

Gadzillions of dollars of innovation and this is the best he can do to utilize it. He needa a hobby - like checking the forums on Mac Rumors WAY to many times a day! :p

rt_brained said:
Can you imagine that guy sitting in front of his computer watching people 'off' themselves for his own pleasure?

Either a god complex or he didn't have enough guts to do himself and be quiet little blip on the map.

Comment

rendezvouscp

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2003
Long Beach, California
iriejedi said:
Gadzillions of dollars of innovation and this is the best he can do to utilize it. He needa a hobby - like checking the forums on Mac Rumors WAY to many times a day! :p
I don't know that I'd want him around these boards...

What a sick, sick man.
-Chase

Comment

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
That is a very chilling article. The dark side of the Internet. Sounds as though this man has personality issues. He's 26 and still lives with his parents. Kudos to the Canadian woman that alerted police.

Comment

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Actually I don't have anything against suicide pacts. If people want to kill themselves, they will, either by themselves or in groups. Doesn't make it wrong in the least.

Comment

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Lacero said:
Actually I don't have anything against suicide pacts. If people want to kill themselves, they will, either by themselves or in groups. Doesn't make it wrong in the least.
Suicide is a very sad situation. A result of depression a feeling of such despair and pain, that the person feels that death is the only way out. In many cases it is a call for help. If a person that is close to them can sometimes pickup the clues and get them the needed help before its too late. When in that condition it's hard to see anyway out. Usually counseling and medication to change brain chemicals will again let the person see that life is truly worth living. Such a devastating thing on those that are left, the feeling that I should have done something

Comment

ziwi

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
Right back where I started...
I think that suicide could be deemed as the 'easy' way out. After all it is much more difficult to live here and go on. It is a shame that so many people feel this is a way to satisfy what is not working for them in life. Having a young brother die at the age of 5 makes me not really understand this mindset - at least it changed mine. Why 'choose' to take away life, when it can be taken away at any moment - enjoy this gift and make the most of it.

Comment

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
ziwi said:
I think that suicide could be deemed as the 'easy' way out. After all it is much more difficult to live here and go on. It is a shame that so many people feel this is a way to satisfy what is not working for them in life. Having a young brother die at the age of 5 makes me not really understand this mindset - at least it changed mine. Why 'choose' to take away life, when it can be taken away at any moment - enjoy this gift and make the most of it.
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your 5 year old brother. Was it cancer or some other illness. A death at that age is very difficult? :(

Comment

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2004
ziwi said:
That is my philosophy as well, but many people have undiagnosed mental illnesses that contribute to their suicidal thoughts. More effort needs to be made by our society to diagnose and treat these.

Comment

absolut_mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2003
Dallas, Texas
Blue Velvet said:
Ooo-er... maybe I should spend a little less time in MR.
Umm, did they cut your hours at work BV?

Just wondering, because you do seem to spending a lot of time around here of late. Heck, I think all the regulars probably spend waaaay too much time here anyway - at least I'm sure that their family probably think they do, even if they themselves won't admit it.

Comment

comictimes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Berkeley, California
personally, I find the woman that the Canadian found out about just as creepy as the guy orchestrating everything. I mean, having a ridiculously morbid God complex is one thing, but being willing to kill both of your children before killing yourself? That's just inconceivable. I mean, I'm a teenage guy and don't particularly like kids, but that is still so far beyond my comprehension, it's just.... ugh.

Comment

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
virividox said:
yeah full day of lecture for me, ill be too tired to carry out a valentines day death pact
I would hope that you are just making light of the situation. Hopefully the thought of suicide has never entered your mind.

Comment

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
absolut_mac said:
Umm, did they cut your hours at work BV?

Just wondering, because you do seem to spending a lot of time around here of late. Heck, I think all the regulars probably spend waaaay too much time here anyway - at least I'm sure that their family probably think they do, even if they themselves won't admit it.

No.

I've created a doppleganger to post here while I'm out having fun...

I've been on leave – the housework's done, I don't have a TV, don't feel like reading, am pottering on the Mac, rippings CDs – Pshop on one monitor, MR on the other... I'm also a grown woman who has no-one to answer to except myself. :)

Happy Valentines, everyone!

BV
x

Comment

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Blue Velvet said:
No.

I've been on leave – the housework's done, I don't have a TV, don't feel like reading, am pottering on the Mac, rippings CDs – Pshop on one monitor, MR on the other... I'm also a grown woman who has no-one to answer to except myself. :)

Happy Valentines, everyone!

BV
x
That is a good place to be Blue Velvet. I'm very happy to know that you are OK.

Also a very warm Happy Valentines to all my friends. ;)

wd
x

Comment