iPhone 11 Man the IPhone 11’s display is REALY good

barondebxl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2013
I picked up my iPhone 11 today and I was looking at the phones at the Apple store, put the 11 side by side to the Pro max and it definitely holds its own. This is not coming from an iPhone fanboy, I’m primarily an android users but I love tech in general and when it’s iPhone season I get excited cause it’s new tech out. But yeah, the iPhone 11 is really dope. I have mine in the car still and I’ll set it up once I get home from work but I’m super excited. Mind you I’m coming from a note 10 and before that a oneplus 7 pro, both with fantastic displays. So if I’m happy with the iPhone 11’s display and I think most ppl will be too. Just my 3 cents.

thadoggfather

macrumors G4
Oct 1, 2007
Could be a better screen supplier and slightly better panels with same ballpark spec on paper

Brighter ? Better colors ? What’s better about it to you

Reactions: ruslan120

Dodgeman

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2016
The 11 is a great price point especially for anyone and it checks all the boxes I need for a phone. Don’t need a bigger screen or OLED or a 3rd camera. Good to see the added portrait mode. I was going upgrade to the X but glad I skipped it and the XR was another thought but that was worth skipping too.
11 is a great device.

Reactions: Emtbill

nepats81

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2014
i too went to the store today and compared the pro vs the 11. I think the regular 11 hits the sizing sweet spot for me and has all the features I want. Im coming from a X

The problem is that there are no cool silicone cases or leather cases for the 11 . This really annoys me. I personally dont like ANY of the colors now that I've seen the matte frosted pro backs. I guess I'll just rock a black silicone case and be boring for another year.

Reactions: Emtbill

macrumors3000

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2019
I'm glad i'm not the only one. 11 Regular display is FAR superior compared to 11 PRO display.

Was at Walmart and took these pictures. Left: 11 Pro. Right: 11 Regular.

11 Regular displays more texts and it doesn't bother eyes like OLED models. Gorgeous display.

Attachments

MrAperture

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2017
SF, CA
I think they may have something labeled wrong there. The 11 is smaller than 11 pro. So if you’re showing the 11 vs 11 pro the 11 pro should be the bigger one.
What? iPhone 11 is the sucessor to the Xr with 6.1" Screen.

11 Pro is the sucessor to the XS with 5.8" screen.

Reactions: markyr17

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors 604
Oct 27, 2009
I picked up my iPhone 11 today and I was looking at the phones at the Apple store, put the 11 side by side to the Pro max and it definitely holds its own. This is not coming from an iPhone fanboy, I’m primarily an android users but I love tech in general and when it’s iPhone season I get excited cause it’s new tech out. But yeah, the iPhone 11 is really dope. I have mine in the car still and I’ll set it up once I get home from work but I’m super excited. Mind you I’m coming from a note 10 and before that a oneplus 7 pro, both with fantastic displays. So if I’m happy with the iPhone 11’s display and I think most ppl will be too. Just my 3 cents.
I agree, I compared my S10+ to my new Pro Max, and the display of the Pro Max is pretty much just as good. The S10+ has the slight edge with sharpness which makes everything more crisp, but the Pro Max has slight better color accuracy.

Reactions: stylinexpat

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Apr 8, 2010
I must be getting old can’t tell the difference between 11 vs Pro screen at Apple store they look identical.

Reactions: macbookguy

dmaxdmax

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2006
I must be getting old can’t tell the difference between 11 vs Pro screen at Apple store they look identical.
That’s how I felt. Side by side I could tell that they looked very slightly different but didn’t prefer one over the other.
I like my 7 screen fine so am sure to be happy with any flavor of 11.

Reactions: macbookguy

scubatopy

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2018
Could be a better screen supplier and slightly better panels with same ballpark spec on paper

Brighter ? Better colors ? What’s better about it to you
Based on "Tom's guide" lab test , max brightness increased from 589 to 652 nits vs XR. This panel also registered 113% of the sRGB color gamut.

Last edited:
Reactions: TOGURO06

Emtbill

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2018
Mass
i too went to the store today and compared the pro vs the 11. I think the regular 11 hits the sizing sweet spot for me and has all the features I want. Im coming from a X

The problem is that there are no cool silicone cases or leather cases for the 11 . This really annoys me. I personally dont like ANY of the colors now that I've seen the matte frosted pro backs. I guess I'll just rock a black silicone case and be boring for another year.
Pick up the iPhone 11 yesterday, was a little bummed they didn't have the leather. But did pick a apple silicone case in black. Looks and feels really good.

barondebxl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2013
The time when you can tell the difference is in dark mode. My girlfriend has an iPhone X and the blacks are better but that’s to be expected. Other than that I think both displays are great.

Rainforest

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2012
I have an iPhone X and I compared the regular iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro side by side. I'm already quite good at detecting visual differences, but for the life of me, I can barely see any difference between the two displays. The Pro did have a tint of yellow for some reason, and dark areas were ever slightly more detailed, but I had to strain to notice the differences. Is it me or am I missing something? I couldn't even notice the difference in resolution.

jsmith1

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2010

Actually it’s a lot more than 3 cents you have because of it....$hundreds saved because it was by far best phone for the money this year.

Reactions: Jim McN

Jim McN

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2017
Coming from the Xr, which has a very good screen. The iPhone 11 seems to be even better.
My comprehension from what I red and what I heard from reviews is that the iPhone XR and 11 screens are identical and no improvement were done. But if they did then this is a good news as this hasn’t been announced really by Apple.

Emtbill

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2018
Mass
My comprehension from what I red and what I heard from reviews is that the iPhone XR and 11 screens are identical and no improvement were done. But if they did then this is a good news as this hasn’t been announced really by Apple.
Thats what I heard also, had the Xr for almost a year, and its a great phone and didn't have a problem with the screen. its just for some reason to me the screen on the 11 seems crisper.