Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tanglewood

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2006
San Diego, CA
Link

Just goes to show when you set your mind on something, you can succeed. No matter how unconventional of route you take.

(apologies if this was already posted)

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
This has been on the news here a couple of times, last night they showed the house he had traded up to.

Well done to him. Quite an amazing story really.

Felldownthewell

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2006
Portland
Ah this reminds of the Daniel Pinkwater story "Borgel" which has something about this guy who traded a dead skunk for numerous things. Good story.

Oh, and good for the paperclip guy...not that I would want to live there, but hey, its better than being a homeless guy with a paperclip!

monke

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2005
If anyone is interested, here is everything he traded: Link

Quite interesting story, first the million dollar webpage, then this. What will be next?

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Wonder what I could get for this.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 661

Spaceman Spiff

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2003
This was in my newspaper a very long while back. Cool story. Wish it were me, as always. Though I would've kept the paper clip. I saw a picture of it. 'twas a very cool paperclip.

Tanglewood

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2006
San Diego, CA
It has been an on going story (He started his bartering July 12, 2005). Though he just recently achieved his goal (July 8, 2006) of getting a house for a paper clip.

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
Xcat said:
This was in my newspaper a very long while back. Cool story. Wish it were me, as always. Though I would've kept the paper clip. I saw a picture of it. 'twas a very cool paperclip.
as cool as a house or a record contract? :p

redAPPLE

macrumors 68030
May 7, 2002
2 Much Infinite Loops
as far as i recall, there is (was?) a good place to start trading stuff online...

can't tell you the url right now though...

thank god there are still positive things happening in our world today.

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
Today I'm officially anouncing that I'm trading some pocket lint up for a MacPro Quad w/ 23" ACD. (Yeah, I know they're not out yet, but by the time I get close to trading for one, they should be). Will post pics tomorrow of the lint. Any takers? :D

JLatte

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2005
San Diego
supremedesigner said:
This is so old news. Move along. Nothing to show here. :rolleyes:

Actually smart guy, yes it started a year ago, but exactly 1 year later, TODAY even, he is going to be signing for the house, and that is not old news. Get over yourself, just because you are all knowing doesn't mean others don't appreciate hearing news. It's new to me.

davegoody

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2003
Nottingham, England.
I was thinking of trying something similar . . . . .

Tanglewood said:
Link

Just goes to show when you set your mind on something, you can succeed. No matter how unconventional of route you take.

(apologies if this was already posted)

I was going to try and swap my Wife for Keira Knightley and Natalie Portman (not either one of them . . . . BOTH) - do you think this may be possible ? LOL:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.