Man v. Food

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mak10, Aug 20, 2009.

1. mak10 macrumors regular

Does anyone else watch this show? The guy goes around to different restaurants and does these food challenges like eat a 6 pound burrito, 76 oz steak, etc. Some of them are absolutely ridiculous, but it's a pretty cool show. I actually found a site that has a bunch of other food challenges listed: http://www.ibetyouwont.com I may give a couple of them a shot...

2. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

I participated in a wing eating contest a few weekends ago. This guy is nuts from what Ive seen. Too bad I dont have cable or I'd watch it.

Cool website btw. :)
    Edit: I could do the 15 dozen club one. Nom nom.

3. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

Awesome show. The challenges are crazy but the food looks so damn good.

4. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

I do crave the foods he goes after when I watch the show.

It still is about quantity vs. diversity or uniqueness. For those I watch Bizarre Foods and No Reservations. :)

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I stumbled across this recently and love it. Have also recently got into Diners, Drive-ins and Dives on Food network.

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I hate that show because it always makes me hungry and I know I'll likely never eat at those places :D

7. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

That reminds me of a burger special they had. Some steamed burger with cheese somewhere in the East Coast, etc. I was miserable after it. :eek:

8. mak10 thread starter macrumors regular

I've heard the diners, drive ins and dives was a good one too, I'll have to set up the DVR for that one. I've gotten really into these food shows lately.

9. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

I drool, for reals.

The challenges are cool and what not, but this guy truly appreciates the tastes. The BBQ episode sticks in my mind as a great example of that.

O RLY? I need to view this program.

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Here's a taste. :)

11. Silencio macrumors 68020

Silencio

I read they recently filmed an episode of Man Vs Food at Ike's Place in San Francisco: maker of pretty much the best sandwiches I've ever had. I'll be sure to tune in whenever that episode airs.

12. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

I'll be all over that when I get out of work. Thanks :)

13. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

Love Man vs. Food. Dude manages to throw down insane amounts of food. Another vote for triple D..Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. DVR it.

14. mak10 thread starter macrumors regular

nice, im gonna check that out here in a few minutes.

15. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Two great shows, but Man vs Food is a little better in my opinion. That dude has a great sense of humor and just looks like he's having too much fun. It's really cool when they are in or near your hometown. Sometimes they come up with stuff you didn't even know was there. They've done several cities in TX. :)

16. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

I was on it last night!!! A 1.5 second slow-motion shot of me cheering Adam on at Bushido (in Charleston)...with my happy face front and center.

The only thing better than having a ginormous ego is having a ginormous validated ego.

Adam was a tad scared of the spicy tuna hand roll challenge. He'd sampled the hot sauce earlier and it psyched him out a bit. He was supposed to eat it at 8, but didn't start until 11. But he ate in record time. I suspect that was the only way he could get through it.

But he was a very nice guy and much more down to earth than I expected.

17. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

Yeah, I love Triple D as well. They cover real places and real food, not snooty places with expensive food. Guy also seems like a pretty cool dude as well. I've been watching it since it came on. I also like Unwrapped on Food Network.

I've just started watching Man vs. Food, but I like it so far. I had no idea so many places had these crazy food challenges.

18. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

That's pretty awesome. A 5 lb. breakfast burrito. Dang!

Don´t have cable but I´ll keep an eye out for it.

19. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

I appreciate this and many other food shows for the food, the challenges and the ideas of what to look for when out traveling around. Now, would I do the challenges...no way.

20. InvalidUserID macrumors 6502a

InvalidUserID

I started watching the show regularly after seeing one of my regular hangouts (University Chicken, sorry it will always be known to me as University Chicken and now Smoke Eaters) on the show.

Some of the stuff the guy puts down is impressive although I've tried the Phaal (Indian hot stuff) and I couldn't even finish one piece. I don't know how he did a whole serving.

21. MTI macrumors 65816

Adam can do spicy/hot, but his losses have mostly been with quantity, like the oversized burrito (both regular and breakfast), pizza and other large plates.

What's fun is figuring out which T-shirt he's wearing and what food place it's from. The "Bushido" episode showed him in a "Russ & Daughters" shirt from the best place in NY to get smoked fish.

22. rhsgolfer33 macrumors 6502a

Good show, some of the quantity challenges are ridiculous. I also watch No Reservations and Bizarre Foods (though now I guess it is going to be Bizarre World). Anthony Bourdain (on No Reservations) is definitely my favorite.

23. laughingperson5 macrumors 6502

24. alexlovesmacs macrumors 6502a

Man, I love those types of shows on the Food Network.

25. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

No Reservations on the Travel Channel is another great one. Anthony Bourdain.