iPhone Manage account on cydia is not saving google login info

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Eternal 28, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Eternal 28 macrumors 6502

Anyone else manage account on cydia not saving google login info? Even though I have checked the box called save details. Im using iphone 5 6.1 BTW Thank you

2. jjw141 macrumors newbie

Same here. Asks me to log in every time, even with save details checked.

3. Eternal 28 thread starter macrumors 6502

When you first logged in did checked the save details box or did you do it later? Anyone else have the same issues? Thank you

4. bfdill macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem here. I made sure the remember was checked the first time, and each time since.

The real issue for me is that I don't know my passwords and cydia doesn't seem to support backgrounding, so when I switched to lastpass to get my amazon password, it started over asking for my google password again. Which is also in lastpass.

Not a big deal, since lastpass can show the password from the computer and I can type it in, but this felt like a double whammy... Not persisting authentication and not backgrounding.

Don't get me wrong, loving jailbreaking, just reporting my experience :)

5. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

This isn't new, at least not for me. When I created my Cydia account last spring it wasn't saving my login info then either.

6. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

While I think it's an issue, I don't think it's bothersome. Once you install your purchases, you won't go back there for a while anyway.

7. Paik4Life macrumors member

I have this problem as well. I didn't experience it prior to the evasi0n jailbreak. Clearly there is an issue, but who knows how widespread. I guess we should send feedback to Saurik, but I imagine he's already overwhelmed with support requests right now.

~Paik

8. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I am currently having this problem as well, but also had it on the 5.1 JB as well. So not new for me.

9. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Yes, I'm also having this issue despite selecting the option to save details. I did not have this issue with the previous version of Cydia on 5.1.1; I entered my information once and was done. I suspect there's some sort of issue with Cydia's handling of cookies, but it's not too troublesome for right now and I won't trouble Saurik with it. Once things slow down I might drop him a line.

It's also possible that he's disabled the feature in response to complaints from people who've had purchases made by others on unsecured phones...

10. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

worked for me...for a day (since monday's JB). now back to the same issue...

11. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Interesting. I have never had success with Cydia keeping my Google login credentials saved so that I don't have to enter them again. For me, I have always had to enter them whenever I wanted to access my account to see a list of installable applications. Once I logged in, I could search and navigate Cydia as much as I wanted. During this session, I could go back to my account and see the list of installable packages. But once I close Cydia, it removes my login information. For me, every time I open Cydia I need to sign in to see this list. I never want to see this list so it's not a problem for me.

Just so I'm clear, everyone else has had success in the past with Cydia saving the login credentials? I don't know why I'm so shocked at this haha. For me, Cydia has never saved this information. I first noticed it on 4.3.3. No matter how many times I login and put a checkmark in the little save my information box, I always had to reenter my info.

12. MsvSpaz macrumors newbie

Same here.

13. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Good to know I'm not alone.

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It always remembers mine but I used Facebook login.
    No probs at all.

15. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

odd right? i was sort-of stunned to see my id for a day...