Manage charging a Boost case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by duggram, Nov 16, 2011.

1. duggram macrumors 6502

duggram

This past weekend my Boost case came in for my 4S. I was surprised to find out that it was almost fully charged. Like it a lot.

But how do you manage charging it? Do you leave the phone in the case when charging? If yes, how do you set the button on the back? How do you know when it's set right?

Sometimes when I leave the phone in the case and plug the case in, the phone charges but the case only flashes one LED and doesn't charge up, but the phone does. Not sure how to get the case to charge after the phone is 100%.

Any other tips/advice on using the Boost case would be appreciated.

2. jayrok macrumors newbie

Any solution?

Hey, I am experiencing the same thing. I was just wondering if you ever figured this out? It is driving me nuts. Any response would be gladly appreciated. Thank You

3. duggram thread starter macrumors 6502

duggram

Now I take the phone out of the case at night and charge both batteries separately.

4. jayrok macrumors newbie

Interesting info from support

That is actually what I am trying now. Kind of a pain in the butt and shouldnt have to keep taking the phone out of the case. I emailed their support and got the following response. To me this is a design flaw:

Response from Boost Support:

I'm sorry you're having difficulties with our item . I just want to confirm a few things: In order to recharge you have to make sure the battery is on , also if you are recharging the case and the iPhone together first what will happen is that the iPhone will charge for 3 hours , then the battery will charge for 3 hours if you interrupt the process etc. turning off the unit or pressing the buttons it will restart the entire charging process. You just have to be patient with it . We recommend trying it again tonight , leave everything on and make sure to use our included cable and our iPhone original wall plug . Leave it on charge overnight . Once you do this it should start working properly. Let me know how this goes.

5. duggram thread starter macrumors 6502

duggram

A problem caused from separating the phone and case every other night is that it has worn out the top piece to the case. Now when I grab the phone in my pocket the top of the case comes out without the phone.

If you go to Amazon and read what others have to say about the Boost and the Mophie, you begin to realize that you can't win. You are going to spend a lot of money for a case that only works right for a few months.

6. Evelynds macrumors newbie

This does not understand how to explain the meaning. I have learning knowledge for apple application.