Manage iPhoto pix from iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ericinboston, Nov 2, 2010.

1. ericinboston macrumors 68000

Hi all. We just got an iPad 64GB. We have about 30GB of photos on our Mac with iPhoto '08.

Our goal is to be able to download/sync the photos from iPhoto onto the iPad and manage them on the iPad so we don't have to sit in front of the Mac...we can just sit on the couch. When I say "manage", I mean very simple things like delete a photo or rename an Event or copy/move pix from 1 Event to another. No editing. It would be cool if we could upload the Events to Shutterfly from the iPad instead of the Mac after we manage it. So if I delete a few pix off the iPad, they will get deleted on on iPhoto later when I connect/sync with my Mac. We will never hook up a camera to the iPad so we don't have to worry about iPhoto stuff vs. iPad native.

Ideas? I've looked around the Apple website and there is no mention of this kind of feature. I also do not believe there is an iLife for iPad yet...

Thanks so much in advance!

2. abriwin macrumors member

iLife '09? Photo on iPad stinks!

Photo on the iPad stinks, actually on the 4.2 update Apple actually managed to make it worse! After I updated to 4.2 all my dated events were lost.
    I searched the App store for something with similar specs to iPhoto there isn't one that I could see only a couple with gimmicky extras that I dont need.

I for one would love to see iLife ported over to the iPad but I can't see any rumours and Google returns nowt. If only we had iPhoto on the iPad but we haven't. iPhoto on my MBA 12" is great I just haven't found out yet how to move errant images from one folder to another yet.

3. joshsand66 macrumors newbie

iphoto on ipad

With os4.2 update my iphoto EVENTS which are in alphabetical order on my G5 are now RANDOM on ipad.
    Just accept Ipad is NOT a computer. Its a media viewer.
    Its got a long way to go before its close to a computer. is it supposed to be?
    Iwork is quite well adapted for the ipads limitations.
    Getting stuff on and off the ipad is a pain.
    But early days!:cool:

4. jobyrose macrumors newbie

hey you can use the third party app "Sortshots".For photo organization, you can't go wrong with Sort Shots. It brings the power of tagging to your photo collection; once you get everything set up you'll be able to find exactly what you're looking for in just a couple of taps. I highly recommend this app to anyone trying to get their photos organized.:apple::apple: