manage safari bookmarks?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by svenn, May 2, 2012.

1. svenn macrumors 6502

Is there a way to manually manage my bookmarks on the ipad? I do not sync them now as I keep different ones between computer and ipad. How would I add a few folders from the computer to the ipad , and keep existing ones too.

2. ant69 macrumors regular

ant69

I don't think it's possible to create bookmark folders or move between folders. The only option I can see is to bookmark new pages.

Ant

3. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

You can create folders in Safari really easily on the iPad. Here's a walkthrough..

Bookmarks Bar Feature

"The other useful navigation feature is the Bookmarks bar, similar to what's in the regular Mac version of Safari. Adding bookmarks in iPad version of Safari is similar to how you add bookmarks in the iPhone and iPod touch, but adding URLs to Bookmarks bar may not initially obvious. So here’s how it’s done:

Tap on the + button to add your selected URL. The Add Bookmark panel will pop-up.

As you should know, when you save a bookmark, you can edit the typically long title of the page. If you plan to add several bookmarks to the bookmarks bar, you should keep the titles fairly short.

Now at this point, you probably will not see a folder for the Bookmarks Bar. Tap on the default or current folder under the name of the URL. You should be presented with a list of folders, including one called Bookmarks Bar. Tap on to open it and then click Save.

To edit the bookmarks on the bar, tap the book icon; tap Edit and select Bookmarks Bar. And then finally, click the Edit button again to select when bookmarks you want delete or re-arrange.

You can also create folders within folders for the Bookmarks Bar, just as you do with the desktop version of Safari. When you tap to edit the bookmarks bar, there is a ‘New Folder’ button on the left side of the panel. Create a sub-folder which will appear in the bar where you can add URLs as described above."

Once Bookmarks are saved, you can also move them between folders if necessary.

4. svenn thread starter macrumors 6502

Bummer there is no better option. Does anyone else have this problem?

5. JoltinJoe macrumors member

Similar problem

I'm having a similar issue.

I'd like to be able to automatically sync my OSX Safari (running Snow Leopard) bookmarks to iOS Safari on my new iPad. I have flawlessly done this with my iPod Touch via iTunes. However, in iTunes for my iPad it says it is synced over iCloud and I do not have the option to uncheck that, but no bookmarks have synced.

Any solutions to this?

6. mgraczyk macrumors newbie

Try a cloud-based bookmarking platform

Consider switching to a cloud-based bookmarking platform where there's no need to backup, sync or import your bookmarks because they are automatically backed up and inherently synched, and all your bookmarks are always available using any browser from any computer, mobile phone or tablet. My company operates http://iCrumz.com, a free cloud-based Internet bookmarking service. The iCrumz interface allows you to have 100 or more bookmarks on a single webpage without being cluttered. iCrumz also offers an import function, so you can import and consolidate all your bookmarks from all your browsers on all your devices. Check out our short (1 minute) intro video: http://youtu.be/QDD23whIlrw Contact me if you have any questions. Matthew[at]iCrumz[dot]com.

7. nohaver macrumors member

Make sure you have this setting turned on from the OSX side as well. I believe there is an iCloud setup there as well. I was playing with this the other day and was able to sync bookmarks and create folders to both my iPad and iPhone.