ManagedClient process uses up cpu

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by raftr, Oct 29, 2013.

1. raftr macrumors regular

I have noticed a process called ManagedClient keeps the CPU going at 100% after a restart and keeps at it until I kill it in Activity Monitor.

I can't seem to find any info on it, did anyone have that problem as well?

2. cdrcody macrumors newbie

ManagedClient CPU issues

Just noticed the same issue today with my MacBook Air. In Sleep mode with lid closed and power plugged in, the fan noise got my attention - the Air was quite warm. Rebooted and returned to sleep - same problem. However, no issue as long as air in Wake mode. Suspect it's some issue with Power Nap - new setting in 10.9 to allow TM backups and updates with mail, calendar, and "other" iCloud functions. I have TM turned off for the Air - so that's not the issue; and, I can't imagine the other updates being of the nature to generate such intense CPU usage. However, I will deactivate Power Nap and see what happens. Will let you know - you might try the same.

3. cdrcody macrumors newbie

ManagedClient CPU issues

Disabling Power Nap did not solve the problem. Hummm...

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

This should help explain what the manage client process is. As to why it's consuming CPU, that would take some troubleshooting.

5. timur555 macrumors newbie

Same problem with macbookPro. It happens usualy, when macbook is being closed while sharing its internet via wifi.