Managing Apps in Itunes with Modded homescreen...ANNOYING.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ODog4523, Oct 18, 2009.

1. ODog4523 macrumors regular

ODog4523

Anyone else fighting with this?

3GS 3.1.2

I've got 6-icon dock, along with 5-rows and collumns for the springboard. Of course the Applications tab in itunes only supports the stock screenboard formet, so every time I sync to get new apps or updates my home screen pages get screwed up. If there a way to turn off the app arrangement screen in itunes? Has anyone found a way around this?

Thanks!

2. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Thanks, now let's us buy a mac.

No, but seriously I have the exact same problem and am reluctant to sync just b/o this...=/ I have to spend like 10 mins re-arranging my fivelrows after each sync + the fact that every app in iTunes tends to become unselected so have to spend 1 minute manually selecting every app I'd like to sync.

3. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Seriously? Do you expect apple to support your jailbroken phone in itunes? Yes, it shows JB apps but 5 rows / columns is asking a little too much. As for 5 icon dock...just move one icon off before each sync.

4. nabechu macrumors 6502

I just put my most used apps on my home screen, all other apps get placed in a folder using categories, never had a problem with itunes doing it this way.

5. ODog4523 thread starter macrumors regular

ODog4523

Of course I don't expect iTunes to support. That's why I'm asking if there's a workaround.

6. GaryPSU macrumors newbie

Maybe springback - a free app through Cydia. I haven't tried it after a Sync. Has anyone?