Managing Apps on iTunes Using Two iPod Touches

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Rossta76, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Rossta76 macrumors newbie

Hi all,
    How do I separately manage applications when syncing two different iPod Touches? For example, if my wife buys an app and installs in on her iPod, iTunes automatically syncs her new app on my Touch during my next sync (and vice-versa).

I really don't want to set up two separate user accounts or libraries unless I have to. Is there a way to manage the apps independently on two different iPod touches using iTunes? I tried unchecking the "sync apps" box on the apps section when my iPod is connected. It said that all apps would be removed, so I cancelled my action.

Forgive me if this is posted into the wrong forum. I didn't see an "iTunes" specific forum area.

2. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

It'll do that, I don't know a way around it.

But all you need to do is delete the app on your device when you see it. It'll never appear without you installing it manually again. How many apps do you buy so that it annoys you?

3. Rossta76 thread starter macrumors newbie

My wife is using the iPod Touch for the first time and downloading new apps that interest her. Between the two of us we are downloading a lot of apps that spark our own individual interests but not each others. She's downloading a bunch of "to do" apps as trials (more than a dozen so far). Just thought there might be an easy work around but I can't seem to find one while searching the forums or other sites.

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Uncheck the automatically sync new apps option.