Managing iPhone from MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Labhras, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Labhras macrumors regular

I've heard of a number of apps that allow you to control either the Macbook keyboard or trackpad from the iPhone, and that's cool - but I was wondering whether there was a third-party app (maybe installed on both MBA and iPhone?) that could allow me to interact with my iPhone - use apps, reply to messages, etc, using the keyboard, from the Mac.
    Thanks for your help :)

2. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

Don't know about using the MBA, but you can use a bluetooth keyboard directly with the iPhone.

3. cruisin macrumors 6502a

cruisin

I have never heard of a way to use apps remotely, but if you have a newer Mac and iPhone you can use iMessage, SMS, and make phone calls directly on the Mac.

4. Labhras thread starter macrumors regular

I can do that without problems, I was asking if it was possible to see the iPhone screen on a Mac display and interact with it - using apps, etc.

5. elf69 macrumors 68000

elf69

You can with samsung devices.

I used my tab s 8.4" to control my s7 edge which I left downstairs one evening.
    They need both be on same wifi or bluetooth and both be android.

But not seen anything for iphone unless they make something like teamviewer for mobile devices.

6. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

7. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

The Citrix X1 mouse is great, but it only works in specific apps (Citrix Receiver and Jump Desktop to my knowledge) - it won't work as a general purpose mouse on iOS as there's no support for mice in the OS