Managing large iTunes music ?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by ryanide, Nov 14, 2011.

1. ryanide macrumors 6502

So with iTunes Matching bringing attention to our growing libraries of music (and everything else), I'm wondering how others are managing their libraries of large amounts of music? More specifically, how do you separate the junk you don't want to listen to from the OK stuff to the songs you really want to listen to?

I'm asking because I really want to clean up my library before turning on iTunes Match and getting all that crap up in the cloud where it will be even more difficult to sort through.

Right now, I have some music unchecked, so I won't have to hear it. But only a small amount of music is actually rated. Sure would be nice to not have to sort through tons of stuff to find "the good music".

And wil people talking about 60,000 songs in their libraries, I'm sure some of you have figured out good ways to keep it organized.

Thanks for your suggestions.

2. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I have about 13000 songs, most of them are in playlists or separated by artist. It's awesome that I can now it now since I was sync and to replace songs.