managing mail (Bellsouth accnt to macmail)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by merbel, May 8, 2007.

1. merbel macrumors member

I need some help. New Mac user (less than a week). I currently get my email at bellsouth.net. I also have a treo 680 set to get mail from that account. I work different locations so have to check my mail on other computers. I have a .mac account (signed up yesterday).

1. Can I forward email from my bellsouth account to my mac mail and if so how? I could change my email and may eventually but I have had that address so long it would take a while to tie up all those loose ends.

2. I plan to use a program to sync my treo (palm based) to mac. Has anyone done so and it go smoothly?

My goal is to have all mac centered (address book, mail, calendar) and to access my email at work via my .mac account.

Any thoughts, pointers, advice, instructions?
    Thanks in advacne to mac newbie!

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Go to mac.com, log in and access your .mac mail.

Then, click on preferences, and then on Other.

You'll then see a check box that says "Check mail from an external POP account"

If you check this box, some more options will be available and it will allow you to retrieve mail from your bellsouth account (presuming bellsouth has POP mail). Fill in the appropriate settings and you should be done, all your mail from your bellsouth account will automatically show up in your .mac mail account.