Managing Multiple Mail Accounts

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bwk, Oct 27, 2009.

1. bwk macrumors newbie

First off...Hi Guys, have been reading these forums for quite a while.

I dont think this is covered elsewhere on these forums...

I need to be able to access several different email accounts at any particular moment in the day. I need to know when new mail comes in, I need to be able to reply from each account separately. Fairly straightforward really eh?

I dont particularly get on with Apple Mail. I find it crashes fairly frequently and really struggles when I am out and about using the mobile dongle.

Basically, my problem lies in finding a mail app that can efficiently manage several mailboxes. I really wish Gmail would sort out their offline access mode because the idea behind it is great, I just find it a little lacking. It would be nice to have a web based interface for times when Im not with my MBP, but need something more comprehensive than iPhone mail.

Maybe I am looking for something that doesnt exist, I just feel that the email experience is not evolving as fast as other software.

Many Thanks in advance for comments...

2. Queso macrumors G4

My Apple Mail does this quite happily. I have it linked to two different IMAP accounts with automatic synchronisation. When constructing a mail I simply select from a pull-down menu which account I'm sending from.

However, bearing in mind your Apple Mail is playing up you can do exactly the same thing with Mozilla Thunderbird.

3. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

I use Thunderbird and am very happy with it. I have about 7 gmail addresses set up (IMAP) and one business address (POP), and no problems whatsoever.

Postbox is a very good one too. I used it for awhile, but the HTML editing didn't satisfy me. It's free (I think) right now, but I don't think it will stay that way. It's snappy and just feels good.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You get a month-long trial, after that you have to pay.