Manicuring video tracks with hissing/audio artifacts ?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by rotarypower101, Aug 15, 2008.

1. rotarypower101 macrumors regular

rotarypower101

Hi guys, wondering if anyone could recommend an easy to use audio tool for removing hiss and or noises out of a .avi , .mp4 or .m4v ?

I have an old tv show series (My Three Sons) that I would like to make available to my parents on the :apple:TV that has a very pronounced hissing sound, and was wondering if anyone can make recommendations on a program that would be a candidate to manicure the audio a little bit?

Free would be awesome but I don’t mind paying for someone else’s hard work, especially if they took the time to make it user friendly.

Thanks

BTW: Also sort of related to this topic, are there any programs that can correct audio sync problems? Say where a person could pick a frame to match the audio to and the program would custom modulate the audio frequency, ect and re encode the tracks to fit better?

2. mchalebk macrumors 6502a

Bias SoundSoap is very easy to use and pretty darn effective. Here's a link:

http://www.bias-inc.com/products/soundSoap2/

It believe it goes for around $99.

I use it as a plug-in to Garageband, though I believe it can be used standalone. Unless you've got video editing software that allows plugins, you might need to export the audio to apply the effects (not sure about that).