Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bence8810

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2008
Tokyo, Japan
I put in an order around a week ago, and have had no emails whatsoever from manillamac.

Not even a "We have received your order" mail.

Still no response from them yet :-(

Wow, that's what I call a 1-2 day shipping.

I wonder, after all the good feedback they received from early buyers, why do they turn the experience towards crap?

Ben

nihilisticmonk

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2005
Wow, that's what I call a 1-2 day shipping.

I wonder, after all the good feedback they received from early buyers, why do they turn the experience towards crap?

Ben

Reading between the lines, it appears they've either sold the business, or given it to others to look after. As they've "Gone on tour" according to their blog. (Pic Attached)

No update since march 22'nd as well.

http://manilamac.tumblr.com/

I'll give 'em the weekend to respond. The starting Monday, will email every day. Still no joy in a week I'll report them to paypal & get my money back.

Very disappointed with the experience, especially with the "ships 1 to 2 days after purchase".

Attachments

• soldout.jpg
    soldout.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 106

bence8810

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2008
Tokyo, Japan
Hi,

As I was not getting any shippment email for a while, I also started the amateur investigation, and I had the same exact impressions and thoughts of yours.

The last email they sent me even backs this up:

Code:
Hi Ben,

I'm sorry for not responding earlier. [B]We've hired a team of people to 
help us with shipping all the AirMail sleeves[/B], and we're working
 around the clock to get all the orders out. We're going through them 
as they were received, and your order should have already been 
shipped. International shipping takes much longer to process than 
domestic orders, so it's possible that some US customers on the 
forums have received theirs even though they ordered after you.

We'll double-check to see what's going on, but your order is 
certainly about to be shipped.

So sorry, really, for the delays. We appreciate your sticking 
with us, and you should know that if you ever want a refund, 
we'll issue one immediately.

Best,
Claire & Jona

I would wait a few more days, and then try again. I think they have a shipping team, who might not be as devoted as Jona and Claire were in the beginning,

Ben

yymca6

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2008
Montréal QC
Finally received it Friday at the office while I was away. Looks fine to me. Thinner than what I expected but since I will carry the MBA in a leather shoulder bag, the sleeve should protect the MBA quite all right. Nice inner lining, hope it will stay white.
And BTW they did not send an email saying it was coming (and they received 3 emails from me asking for news but never replied). They are under-staffed for sure.:)

bence8810

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2008
Tokyo, Japan
Finally received it Friday at the office while I was away. Looks fine to me. Thinner than what I expected but since I will carry the MBA in a leather shoulder bag, the sleeve should protect the MBA quite all right. Nice inner lining, hope it will stay white.
And BTW they did not send an email saying it was coming (and they received 3 emails from me asking for news but never replied). They are under-staffed for sure.:)

I am glad you finally got yours. Can you tell when it was shipped from the Stamp / postage?

I am sure to EU it will arrive sometimes this week, and its just a pitty that I wont be here :(, am leaving for a business trip to Istanbul tomorrow, WITHOUT the Airmail :(

I will get a note from reception when it comes in, so I will be sure to post back,

Ben

yymca6

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2008
Montréal QC
I did not check the stamp as I was too happy not to rip open the US Post envelope. If my secretary has not trown away the trash I'll check it out tomorrow AM and will let you know. I know I received it on Friday the 28, that is exactly 1 month minus one day after I ordered). And I know US Post is VERY slow when they deliver stuff to Canada. I usually get my things 2 weeks after their mailing dates.:confused:

jameskohn

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2006
Connecticut
Incase sleeve works great

I picked up the Incase neoprene sleeve at the Apple store yesterday, and it's terrific. I had one for my last laptop and it was perfect, so I thought I'd give this one a try. No zipper to worry about, and it fits like a glove. It's no fashion statement, to be sure, but it does what it's supposed to do. The gap is miniscule, and fitting the top part over the MBA is just a hair snug: exactly as it should be. For me this is the answer!

nihilisticmonk

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2005
Still have received zero in the way of response from emails to info@manillamac.com

3 emails so far.

Quite disappointed with the service so far.

Even the worst ebay sellers would have at least fobbed me off by now.

Attachments

• any-chance.jpg
    any-chance.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 123

Munich

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2008
Flame Suit On! I did not like it, it is too soft, should have more consistency like a manila envelope, also should have the lettering that comes on the envelopes, third, I think the inner part of the button will scratch my macbook. I'd rather use the manila envelopes that I have purchased at Office depot.

bence8810

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2008
Tokyo, Japan
Reception called me up saying I have a package (envelope) with US postage on, I am sure its the airmail. Too bad I am already at the airport and I won't be able to get it until the 9th.

Let's hope Tomek can verify its receipt as well, shipping to Poland should take the same as to Hungary

Ben

pletwal

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2008
Warsaw, Poland
Let's hope Tomek can verify its receipt as well, shipping to Poland should take the same as to Hungary

Ben

Hi Ben,

I'm happy that you've (or rather your reception) finally received your AirMail :)
Mine is probably still on the way... and I hope it will arrive today or tomorrow.

Regards,
Tomek

ceehjayem

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2006
Reception called me up saying I have a package (envelope) with US postage on, I am sure its the airmail. Too bad I am already at the airport and I won't be able to get it until the 9th.

Ben

Sorry to hear about that man. I know you wanted to have yours by the time you had your trip. It seems like the customer service is pretty horrible. I was fortunate enough to purchase off of a seller here. The case is pretty nice but by holding amd examining it, there's no way I'd pay $45. I actually think it's a rip off for that price. Wonder what everyone else is thinking that has received them. I purchased mine for under $30 which I think is what it should be priced at.

ceehjayem

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2006

Ben

Sorry to hear about that man. I know you wanted to have yours by the time you had your trip. It seems like the customer service is pretty horrible. I was fortunate enough to purchase off of a seller here. The case is pretty nice but by holding amd examining it, there's no way I'd pay $45. I actually think it's a rip off for that price. Wonder what everyone else is thinking that has received them. I purchased mine for under $30 which I think is what it should be priced at.

fredrickyoon

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2008
Seoul, South Korea

CEEHJAYEM, glad that you are enjoying the ManilaMac. You got a great deal on it. :)

nihilisticmonk

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2005
UPDATE!

Even tough I never heard from them, I did receive my case (finally).

It's really nice, and I'm pleased with the product, but totally pissed off with the service.

I never got an email response, and they've definately contracted the manufacture out to people who don't give as much of a damn.

You don't get your name written on the cool little postage thing anymore. And all the letters (apart from the sucky postcard of the creators havin' a kiss) are cheap ass photocopies.

Good product, and it looks ace...nice felty stuff inside as well, but no service whatsoever.

I feel sorry for them kinda, they obviously made something they couldn't cope with, and we as customers are suffering. But running off to tour with your band, totally ruining your new companies kudos....bad move...

Plus...they're kinda emo.

ceehjayem

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2006
CEEHJAYEM, glad that you are enjoying the ManilaMac. You got a great deal on it. :)

No, thank you. I got my manilamac without having to deal with the crappy service. :cool:

For anyone trying to get a case for their Air fredrickyoon is a legit seller!

bence8810

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2008
Tokyo, Japan
Hi

So I now finally have mine in my hands. Its nice and just like I expected. I am however not sure if I would pay the current price tag on it.

Mine had the sticker on the sleeve, but the TO field was blank, so i took it off. It was hand signed but my time was not filled in.

I guess they signed all the shipping labels before taking off to the tour, and the shipping crew couldnt care less about filling them out...

Anyways, its a nice case and if I dont need much protection I will use it. For times when I travel, like now, I will have the fabrix case on me. It has more protection/padding.

Nice product overall though,

Cheers

Ben

p.s. Tomek, did you receive yours?

evirob

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2008
Sunny Singapore
Hi

So I now finally have mine in my hands. Its nice and just like I expected. I am however not sure if I would pay the current price tag on it.

Mine had the sticker on the sleeve, but the TO field was blank, so i took it off. It was hand signed but my time was not filled in.

I guess they signed all the shipping labels before taking off to the tour, and the shipping crew couldnt care less about filling them out...

Anyways, its a nice case and if I dont need much protection I will use it. For times when I travel, like now, I will have the fabrix case on me. It has more protection/padding.

Cheers

Ben

Hi Ben,

So built quality isn't that great after all....

WIll stick to my fabrix case then....Do not wanna wait an infinity for another case...

evirob

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2008
Sunny Singapore
Hi

Cheers

Ben

Hi Ben,

WIll stick to my fabrix case then....Do not wanna wait an infinity for another case...

bence8810

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2008
Tokyo, Japan
Hi Ben,

Hi

Right, the Fabrix case is of a much higher quality, but this isnt to say the AirMail is bad. I like both of them and I am happy to own both of them. The AirMail is still cool to take out of your bag :)

I will test drive it tomorrow, and post back,

Ben

evirob

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2008
Sunny Singapore
Hi

Right, the Fabrix case is of a much higher quality, but this isnt to say the AirMail is bad. I like both of them and I am happy to own both of them. The AirMail is still cool to take out of your bag :)

I will test drive it tomorrow, and post back,

Ben

Just like to check, when u carry the MBA around to clients or in coffee shops...

Do people give u the wow look or stare, or maybe say stuff like "brazen showoff"?

Cos was using it around and the MBA does garner quite a fair bit of attention...Good and Bad

The action of taking it out from the manila sleeve might just make things worse....LOL

bence8810

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2008
Tokyo, Japan
Just like to check, when u carry the MBA around to clients or in coffee shops...

Do people give u the wow look or stare, or maybe say stuff like "brazen showoff"?

Cos was using it around and the MBA does garner quite a fair bit of attention...Good and Bad

The action of taking it out from the manila sleeve might just make things worse....LOL

Thats true, the MacBook Air still gets a lot of attention, specially in Hungary, where its rare like summer snow.

I am unsure if having it in the Envelope will make it worse, I need to check that out in the coming days....

Ben

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.