Manipulate usage stats?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cookiesnfooty, Mar 11, 2011.

1. cookiesnfooty macrumors 6502

cookiesnfooty

Hi,

When the jailbreak comes out for 4.3 I want to restore as new phone and hopefully solve any battery issues I have. Would there be any way to either backup the usage and inject this back into the phone or alter it so it starts as it was?

I basically don't want to start with 0 usage as I use a lot and like to keep a record. :confused:

2. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Someone keep me honest here but if memory serves me right, usage statistics such as SMS and calls are stored in your backup so when you apply the backup on to a newly Restored iPhone you get everything back again.

In your case, re-applying your backup would also most certainly mean you will also experience poor battery performance on 4.3.

The only way of dealing with an iPhone, which drains battery too fast is to set up the iPhone as new after you've restored it.

3. cookiesnfooty thread starter macrumors 6502

cookiesnfooty

I understand that, I was thinking would it be possible to extract the usage stats from a backup make a new backup of a freshly prepared phone and import the usage into that and restore it.

4. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

uhmm yes. How? My left nut you won't find anyone here able to answer that :rolleyes: