Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deadfrog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 5, 2004
UK / Bournemouth
Hi,

Just wondering if someone could help me... I am currently doing MA, wanting to explore the manipulation of glyphs through an iPhone.

Basically what I want to do is take a glyph like the letter "A" and be able to touch and drag the points out. What I was wondering is, is it possible to do this by bringing in a PDF, SVG or other kind of vector based image and then manipulate the points. Eventually I aim to be able to spit these manipulated versions back out somehow, but I will worry about the logistics of that later.

I've programmed on flash for the last 10 years or so, but just started to try and pick up objective C / cocoa and iPhone SDK, so any pointers for tutorials regarding similar things would be fantastic.

I know I'm probably trying to run before I can walk a little, but I am going through basic tutorials at the moment wherever I can find them, but I'd like to know if I'm wanting to do something impossible...

I have also attached two images of what I mean (incase I haven't explained myself very well). The first is the letter "A" initially, the second is the "A" being manipulated (the grey circle being the touch reference).

Like I said, any helpful advice, tutorials or non abusive comments for being new to it all would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Rich

Attachments

• a.png
    a.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 66
  • amanip.png
    amanip.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 41
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.