Manual iPhoto Sync Replacement?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by ma1nstr3am, Aug 13, 2013.

1. ma1nstr3am macrumors member

I've noticed the only time I ever have to sync my iPhone manually is when I want to sync my photos and videos from iPhoto as everything else is on the phone or on the internet. Is there a replacement yet for this? (Such as Spotify vs. iTunes Music?). It's a hassle to keep running back to my computer to sync this. I looked up Picasa but I couldn't find an app for it unless it's in the Google App but I do know most online drives just give five gigs free as I have close to 5GB in my iPhoto library. Any ideas? (I'm always around WiFi so having my iPhoto library stored online is not a problem whatsoever).

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

A separate Google account would give you 15GB of storage...but I don't think using the Google Drive app is a good way to peruse a photo library (no thumbnails).

If you don't mind using your own computer as a server there's what I use: PhotoStreamr. I think the iPhone app is 99 cents.

3. ma1nstr3am thread starter macrumors member

That looks great. Does this company or a similar one make an app for all files (like having your own DropBox server but is also photo/album friendly?)

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I don't think so. For all my other files I use a mix of Dropbox and Google Drive. Music is via iTunes Match.

There's also free app called QuikIO, also with a server companion for the Mac, that serves up music, video and photos but I don't think the photo integration includes iPhoto...just selected folders.