Manual Podcasts Are Gone?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by robertpolson, Jun 10, 2013.

1. robertpolson, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2013

robertpolson macrumors regular

Installed iOS 7 and I can't see the podcast section in the Music app even if I don't install the Apple Podcast app.

Has anyone else figured out how to organize and listen to manually created podcast files?

2. steeltoad macrumors newbie

They are gone for me as well. I tried installing the Podcasts app and they didn't show up there either.

I have a ton of radio shows that I want to listen to but I can't label them as music or they will be screw up my itunes match limit. Ideally, I would like to find an app that could manage audio independently of my music library. Any suggestions?

3. steeltoad macrumors newbie

I just bought an app called Ecoute. The already transferred "podcasts" are showing up and playing fine.

The other possibility is TinPlayer. It is free but seems like I would have to transfer the files in manually again (not at home so I couldnt test it).

4. filmfanatic24 macrumors 6502

The weird thing is, there is a toggle on/off in the Music App settings that says "Display Lyrics/Podcasts Notes," yet Podcasts are nowhere to be found.

I posted a topic on this last night and settled on iCatcher. I'm liking it so far, just having to get used to not downloading in iTunes and syncing my phone every morning.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I was able to sync some videos I'd marked as podcasts onto my iPhone 4S on iOS 7, and they do show up in the podcast app, but the app hangs when I try to play them.

So it does seem to be buggy at the moment, but this is the kind of bug I expect will be cleared up before they get to final release.

6. jimthing macrumors 6502a

jimthing

iOS 6 has the same.

I'm on iOS 6, and I don't have any podcasts inside the Music app already. My understanding is they are all transferred long ago into the Podcasts app.

The thing I'm having issue with, is the non-iTunes available podcasts (i.e. old radio shows I chucked into my Mac's iTunes, then set to "Podcasts" in the metadata) are ALL appearing all mixed-up under ONE folder on my iOS devices.

WTF?? Cannot fix this any way I've tried. So utterly a n n o y i n g !!!

7. Saturnus macrumors newbie

Hey, I have the same problem. I very seldom download podcasts but I used the tag to save meditations I burnt off CD in the music app. As another comment said, using the podcast app mixed up all the different "meditation albums" into one podcast emission. I really hope the podcast option is in the music app in the official release. Any suggestions/info? I'll pay for an app if it's really good but I would prefer to have the podcasts in the music app. Also, is there any way to categorise the tracks/albums so they don't get all jumbled up in the podcast app? I've tried everything I can think off. Thanks!

8. robertpolson thread starter macrumors regular

Has anyone figure out how to add your own mp3 files so that they will properly appear in the Podcasts app? Right now different podcasts (albums) all appear under the same album name, which is a mess.

9. robertpolson thread starter macrumors regular

I have finally solved the problem ! After many hours and unsuccessful tries, I have finally found an excellent little app called Typecast by Red-Sweater software.

1. Open the app.
    2. Drag and drop your mp3 files
    3. Give the podcast a title
    4. Click send to iTunes
    5. Enjoy your manually created podcast on iOS7 Podcasts app!

http://www.red-sweater.com/typecast/

Big thanks to Daniel from Red Sweater Software!

10. Balaamsdonkey macrumors 6502

I'm ok with the Podcast app at the moment. I hesitated before because I was listening to podcasts while running and I don't think the Nike+ app was able to see the Podcast app's podcasts. I've found that I don't need this functionality anymore, so using the Podcast app for my podcasts is fine. The one annoying thing I am finding is that iTunes is remembering what I am or am not subscribed to. I would prefer most of my podcasts not go to both the Podcast app and iTunes where they eat up drive space. I would like to have some subscribed to podcasts, ones that I deem worth of keeping for longer then it takes to listen to them, on my computer's hard drive, and the rest just syncing to the Podcast app.

Has this been anyone else's experience? Has anyone find a way to do something like this or will I have to deleted the podcasts on my hard drive manually--like a sucker?

11. highlightshadow macrumors regular

I'm having a nightmare with Apple's Podcast app ... its merging the contents of about 3 or 4 podcasts into a single one...

Mainly seems to be with Twit shows ... its a right old mess .... i've switched to Downcast which seems much better but i do like to manage my podcasts via iTunes ...

Might give that Ecoute a try