Manually changing font doesn't work after GP JB 4.2.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by is300guy, Feb 7, 2011.

1. is300guy macrumors regular

I'm having issues with installing Neutraface font into my iP4. Before I JB'd it, it was running on 4.1 JB with the Neutrface font and now after I have updated it with 4.2.1, I can't seem to manually install it back in there. Bytafont doesn't have any Neutraface font (Yet), which is why I haven't gone that route. Can some one help or can share any details on how to resolve this? I also used PkgBackup to restore all my files so I don't know if that had any major effect. Thanks.

2. this is funah macrumors 6502

this is funah

can't really help you, but since switching to 4.2.1, BytaFont is not changing the keyboard font whatsoever. anybody know the reason for this?

3. is300guy thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I'm pretty sure 4.2.1 firmware or the Greenpois0n is still buggy....darn, I guess I'll have to rely on BytaFont using Hans Font for the mean time cause the original iOS4 font is not cutting it for me.

4. THE dAY macrumors 6502

Check in System/Library/Fonts/Cache/ and see if other fonts you are trying to use were renamed since Helvetica.ttc was renamed _H_Helvetica for 4.2.1

Please post your findings in this thread to help others as well:
    4.2.1 Theming Changes

5. is300guy thread starter macrumors regular

I just read your thread just now. My lock screen is acting up like the thread you posted as well. I will go ahead and make the necessary changes and see what that does for me. Thanks for the much needed info!

6. THE dAY macrumors 6502

Your welcome, hopefully you can get it working.
    If you find anymore changes please let me know, since I'm on 4.0.1 there is only so much I can do.

7. is300guy thread starter macrumors regular

I did the changes and replaced them with the listed new changes you mentioned but it seems to have no effect...?:confused: The font hasn't changed nor did my icons....So lost...

8. THE dAY macrumors 6502

Double check and see if everything is spelled correctly including folders and icons.
    Also maybe try toggling Summerboard mode ON then OFF in Winterboard.

9. is300guy thread starter macrumors regular

It was the spelling, it works now 100%! At least the font for now...on to the lockscreen and icons...thanks THE dAY!