Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KiasuKiasiMan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 7, 2012
I've got an iPad 2 jailbroken on 5.0.1. I know that I can't restore my iPad 2 to 5.0.1 and that I can't just use the Erase All Settings button. I'm passing my iPad 2 to my brother and I want it to be clean of data, like setting up a new iPad.

Any idea on how to do it? Or is it possible to restore an iPhone's backup onto the iPad? If there's no automatic way, which folders in the iPad's filesystem do I have to clear? Thanks.

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
AFAIK, difficult to do. at least it;s not going to a stranger. I'd delete the media in itunes, uncheck your email account, basically remove all settings you can in an itunes sync.
then on the ipad itself try to go thru the settings page and remove account names, email acct. I think you can do some of the resets, BUT NOT erase all, but maybe passwords.
it's tricky, and why it is so hard to buy a used 5.0.1. I lucked out and got a refurb from Apple this month that was factory set still on 5.0.1.
good luck.
another post here, someone smarter than me was telling me, thru iFile, what files to remove, but I did something wrong and locked it up, had to restore, sold it and got my refurb 5.0.1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.