Manually download iTunes artwork?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Lunchbox16, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Lunchbox16 macrumors member

One of the drawbacks of Automatically get Artwork function is that even if the proper artwork is in the iTunes database, the program does not download the correct artwork. I've noticed this is a real problem for a number of my Grateful Dead recordings (especially Dick's Picks, and the Download Series). I like the iTunes artwork because it's good quality and properly formatted, in terms of size and how the image displays, for the iPod. Is there anyway to manually go into the iTunes store, and copy and paste the correct album artwork?

Also, I know that I can just go somewhere else to get artwork, and I do when needs be, so please don't just tell me to grab it from Amazon or the like.

Thanks in advance!

2. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

right click on the tack and choose get info there you can drag and drop any artwork.

3. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

its all about the tagging of the album/track/etc on how it will pull the artwork, if its for a small few of albums, compare them to the itunes store listing and rename atleast one song to the exact same way the itunes store has it, album, artist, album title, song title, etc.

then get album artwork by right clicking get album artwork.
    what i generally do from here is get a copy of it to put in the folder, i do a cmd shift 4 + spacebar and crop it in preview and have a nice high quality copy of it in case itunes messes up or it doesnt stick (like some artwork)