Manually Unhide Applications?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by gazzer82, Sep 13, 2008.

1. gazzer82 macrumors regular

Needing some help, had my apps all sorted into catergories, then updated to Pwned 2.1, but now i can't access any of my icons, including system prefs, mobile terminal.

Now i am unsure how catergories hides the apps, i can see and access them from my mac using DiskAid, so is there any way i can unhide them manually, maybe by editing the Plist file, or deleting and re-installing?

I also cannot access SSH for some reason, even though i chose to include it in the custom firmware, very odd.

Help greatly appreciated!!

2. Knolly macrumors 6502a

Bump as this is relevant to me too.

EDIT:
    Cancel that. Make a custom IPSW with PwnageTool and include Poof, BossPrefs, and Categories. Shazam!

I was having so much trouble with that because for some reason my PwnageTool wouldn't show BigBoss's source. But I did a thorough wipe of it an reinstalled and now it's all good.

EDIT 2:
    Hm, be sure to check the apps in PwnageTool otherwise they won't be put on the device. Oops, haha.

3. gazzer82 thread starter macrumors regular

Can you take me through the exact steps you took to achieve this as i have been unable to get the BigBoss source to add to pwnage, it doesn't load any applications and then often locks up on me.

I am just about to remove my backups and do a clean restore so this would be my final option before i forfit all my text message/settings e.t.c