Manufacturer of Macbook Pro Memory Modules

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pmorg, Mar 2, 2009.

1. pmorg macrumors newbie

Hi,

I recently ordered a 17" MacBook Pro 2.93GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4GB of memory and am considering going up to 8GB. Does anyone know who Apple has manufacture the memory for this machine? Or, which manufacturers memory would be the best to use (e.g., best performance, reliability, ...)

Thanks.

p.s., Apple's memory may be the best, but it seems a bit pricey (which is why I would prefer not to go that route),

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Samsung and Hynix are Apple favorites. If you're looking for third-party solutions try out Crucial and OWC.

3. m-lo macrumors newbie

I didn't know Apple manufactured memory...do they? The memory I pulled out of my old MacBook Unibody surely did not say Apple. I thought Hynix. But the logo on it was a "M" with a oval encompassing it as if it were Jupiter with its rings.

Does Apple manufacture memory?

4. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

Micron / Crucial ?

Attached Files:

5. Moriarty macrumors 6502

Save your $... I have only now upgraded my '07 Macbook to 4GB. Don't notice any performance difference, though the computer does use just about all of the 4GB sometimes, so it must do something. It was a very cheap upgrade anyway so what the heck. But you can't justify spending $1200 with a "what the heck".

Don't go 8GB yet, way too expensive, you'll regret it in a year or two when it will only cost $100 or so to get 8GB of DDR3.