Manully added TV shows NOT show up on iphone4

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Justin325, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Justin325 macrumors newbie

iphone 4 32gig
    ios 5.0.1 (9A405)
    iTunes 10.5.3.3
    Windows 7 32-bit

All media is managed manually via iTunes.

TV shows are ripped to M4V files and play perfectly on the iphone IF I leave them as MEDIA KIND: MOVIE. They are all listed in the videos icon on the iphone.

ISSUE:
    Once I go into iTunes and change the MEDIA KIND to TV SHOW and fill out ALL the data (Series, Title, Season, Episode, Grouping, etc) they completely disappear from the iphone never to be seen again (until I change them back to MEDIA KIND: MOVIE).

Failed attempts to fix:
    I've restored my iphone back to factory and rebuilt my media library on the iphone....this did not fix the issue.

I've uninstalled itunes completely and reinstalled...this did not fix the issue.

PLEASE HELP! I've searched the net for 3 days and found others with similar issues, but not resolutions.

2. ReeKey macrumors newbie

I think I have the same problem.
    When I plug my iPhone 4 (iOS 5.0.1) and drag a video file straight into the iPhone, change the info to TV Show in the iPhone's movie tab, it doesn't appear. To get around it. I just added the file into my iTunes library first. Change the info in my library's movie tab, then go to TV Show and add it to my iPhone