Many apps missing on screen, found only thru Search

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BlueWaves, Oct 4, 2012.

1. BlueWaves macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 4S with nearly 400 apps on it. Until recently, those apps were arranged in 11 neat pages of icons and folders.

Then this happened:
    1. I updated to IOS 6. All seemed well.

2. Tired of opening folders for some apps, I decided to make a few full pages dedicated to apps I use most. So I made one full page of my favorite Photo apps, another full page Shopping apps, etc.

3. In so doing, I reached the 11 page limit, and found that a whole bunch of apps weren't showing up on the screen, only on Search.

4. So I started grouping stuff into folders again so that my apps only filled 7 pages. But all that did was give me 7 pages of apps and 4 BLANK pages! The missing apps are still missing and did NOT come in to fill the empty pages that I created.

5. Tried Settings -> General -> Reset and reset the home screen layout, following some advice I got on other forums. All that did was put all of the Apple default icons on my first page, unbundle all of my apps so that there are NO folders anymore, and put all the apps in alphabetical order from A through G onto the 11 pages that are available. All apps from H to Z are not showing up -- except if I search for them.

6. So again I try to group stuff into folders to make space. I free up several pages of space, but that's all they are -- just several BLANK pages of space! My remaining apps are NOT filling into that blank space that I've created. They're still MIA.

How the heck do I get all my apps back on the screen?! :confused:

This is frustrating. Any help you can give me would really be appreciated.

2. Sherifftruman macrumors 6502

Do you sync with iTunes? You should be able to manage them that way.

3. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

Did you try scrolling to the right past a blank page?

4. BlueWaves thread starter macrumors newbie

I solved the issue. I guess I just needed to update iTunes. The version I had wasn't old -- just the last version behind the latest -- but for some reason it was showing me the same exact number of pages as my iPhone and I couldn't get to all my other apps.

After I updated, I see a bunch of "grayed-out" pages after page 11, with all my missing apps on them. Now it's just a matter of reorganizing them so they fit on 11 pages. That's not a quick task when you have 400 apps :) but I'm up to it!