Many Dead Pixels on 2G iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marksman, Jan 12, 2009.

1. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

My 2G iPhone has turned up with a lot of dead pixels, say 2 half rows and then some near the middle of the bottom third of the screen.

I did not get Applecare on this phone. I am looking for thoughts on the kind of response I might get if I took it in to the Apple Store.

Tough luck charlie?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I got mine replaced for dead pixels. You have a lot of dead ones so I'm sure that they will probably replace it. It can't hurt to try.

3. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

They'll replace it, no questions asked. I just replaced mine two weeks ago for a bunch of dead pixels that were beginning to spread and I had no problem getting an exchange.

4. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

Never had a problem, but from the people I work with that have had to replace the phone for issues like that had no problem getting a replacement. If it's bad, its bad, that's what the warranty covers.

5. Shawn D macrumors regular

Unless the phone is on AppleCare or is still on the first year of protection I don't think they will do anything for it.

6. weeman macrumors 6502

I had one dead pixel and got my iPhone replaced...of course this was when I had applecare...

I think if you are out of warranty then its tough luck...but it can't hurt to go in and try...

7. theiphoner macrumors member

theiphoner

Worth a try, I had a 2g which was out of warrenty by 2 months, it had a non responsive block towards the bottom of the screen, Apple replaced for nothing.

8. marksman thread starter macrumors 603

marksman

I will give it a shot next week. Let you all know what happens.

9. vivithemage macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

i have 5 random dead pixels...i can live, but my phone is jailbroken and whatnot...and AFAIK well out of warranty too...

If I restored it and walked in, do you think they'd replace it? it is a first generation.

I am also not with AT&T.

10. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

For a replacement from the Apple store you need to have the phone registered with at&t. It won't work otherwise because they activate in-store.