Many here would have derided the iPhone 4 if it wasn't for the leak

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JayLenochiniMac, Jun 9, 2010.

1. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Given the initial overwhelming positive reception, the leak was a good thing. Many of us would have initially criticized it for looking too fat, being too much like the competitors' squarish phones, not being Apple-like, etc. until we come to terms with it, which ALWAYS happens whenever a new, innovatively designed Apple product gets released.

Perhaps they should do a planned leak before every product release from now on.

2. scott99 macrumors 6502a

I remember a lot of people saying they wouldn't get the iPhone 4 if the leaked phone was the finished product. Well the leaked phone sure looks like the finished product. On a side note, the leaked iPhone from Vietnam was obviously a fake, since the screws on the bottom were covered up.

3. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

4. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

I personally like the new design, at least now that they answered the all important question of what the "seams" were for! :D

But keep in mind that you can't please everybody.

Afterall, last year about this time there were lots of commenters claiming how they wouldn't buy the new 3GS because it was "stale", didn't look different enough, or have a flashy Apple logo to state: "I've paid for the latest, greatest" etc.

But they did. :)

5. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Compared to the original iPhone, the 3G and 3GS are cheap looking (and probably cheaply made).

I’m not crazy about the industrial design particularly the seems and separate volume buttons instead of a rocker, but at least this model is more in line with the original.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

There are still plenty of people that hate it. You can't make everyone happy no matter what you do.

7. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

They DID do that.

So what's your point? It happened a month ago instead of today? How does that help Apple? It still happens the same, either way.

8. ChrisGonzales90 macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

I like the design. I hate the baby fat. I like round, sharp, sexy corners. Glad Apple went to this design. Plus it matches their other products real well.

9. JayLenochiniMac thread starter macrumors G5

Less public exposure. When we hate on rumored products, it's usually on sites like this. Whereas when a previously-unseen product is publicly announced, there's always a new stream of would-be customers coming here.

People have short memory and the overwhelming positive reception at launch date is going to drive more customers to get it.