many iTunes album covers in the system...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 1madapple, Mar 8, 2008.

1. 1madapple macrumors member

1madapple

Hello.
    I went to my finder and searched some album names in the searchbox, I think I have way too many. I'm wondering if they can be deleted there, but still remain in my iTunes?

And this is a separate question: I had downloaded some songs from Limewire last year. I put those files into My Documents, (they're still in iTunes too of course, that was the main purpose) My question is, can the music files be deleted from my documents and still work in iTunes and in my ipod? :confused:

(forgive me if this has been posted, I did a search but nothing came up for me)

2. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

When you say "finder" I assume you mean the search feature on the iPod touch, in which case they can't be "deleted" on the iPod.

If you say "My Document" I am thinking you are on a windows PC. In which case if you tell iTunes to "manage my music" then it will copy the files you add to your iTunes library to folders it makes in your "My music" folder. Which means yes you can delete them from the my documents folder, unless the said songs are in the My Doc/My Music/iTunes music folder...those are the songs that iTunes copied that are now in there for iTunes to organize its library with.

When you download songs on limewire, they go in a limewire folder or wherever you specified, and when you add those songs and if u told iTunes to manage your songs, then they are going in both folders...so you can go ahead and delete all the songs that are in the "downloaded" folder that you specified so long as you told iTunes to manage your music for you.

Hope that helps.

3. 1madapple thread starter macrumors member

1madapple