Many local newspaper reviews so one sided....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tttexxan, Jun 29, 2007.

1. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

Most of the papers in Fort Worth/Dallas area have been giving the token 5 reason not to buy the Iphone.

1. Price too high
    2. Treo and other smart phones cheaper
    3. Rate plans expensive
    4. Edge network
    5. Long lines

I just wish they would let the public know the full truth

1. Price to high-----As Steve Jobs states its simply a 300 dollar phone and a 300 dollar Ipod with much more. When original smart phones and PDA's are released price points are comparable.

2. Treo and PDA sell for 299 instead of 599 (iphone)-----This is true, PDA and Treo's are cheaper RIGHT??? A Treo or Ipaq at best comes with 256MB or 512 MB Ram. Upgrade that to 8 gigs of memory and your looking at another 200-250 easly. How about applications----35-45 for each extra application you want to place on your device through Handango.
    Hmmmmm getting up there isnt it?

3. The plans for the Treo/PDA are 45 and up. The iphone from AT&T is only costing 20 for the data plan. Im actually saving money here.

4. The edge is slow----Valid point---However Im not using the phone to surf daily and enjoy the lower cost of edge and longer battery life. 3 G would be nice

5. I worried about this....Waiting in line since 11pm and 4th in line with no one behind me

2. wiithan macrumors newbie

wiithan

How many sides do you want?
    Not every newspaper can be square, or cubic for that matter-- and besides, squares are lame. All the cool people are straight lines. Don't you want to be cool?

3. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Yeah I was annoyed by the Fort Worth Star-Telegram on this issue yesterday.

http://www.anyiphone.com/2007/06/28/media-using-old-pictures-of-iphone/

They essentially used old images, and then just went around to industry pundits and analysts who have NEVER used an iPhone and got quotes for them. Then compiled them into a story bashing the phone. Extremely lazy journalism, which seems to be the story of the day with so many of these articles.

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

u got 30G with $300 iPod, SJ's comparison was dishonest

I got my 2G SD for $15, so i don't think 8G will be that expensive as $200.

extra apps mostly are <$20. and indeed, iphone doesn't even have extra apps, so its functionality is limited compre to treo, at least for now