Many problems with Retina MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ryan Burgess, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Ryan Burgess macrumors 6502

Hi, I've recently been experiencing some issues with my 13 inch late 2012 rMBP. The computer becomes very slow and unresponsive almost all the time, and the wifi is completely unreliable. I have many computers connected to my home wifi and they all work very fast with high download speeds and very reliably but this rMBP doesn't.

Webpages refuse to load in safari. It just sits there and waits forever, sometimes the page eventually loads, sometimes not. I also sometimes get a "!" in the wifi bar saying there is no internet connection. Figuring I might have a problem with the airport card I ran apples diagnostics (Hold down "D" at startup) the test came back positive saying there was no issues.

I then completely backed up and erased the laptop. I just finished reinstalling mavericks and its fully updated and fresh.. the problem still persists. And the lag still persists also. While performing simple tasks such as changing the wallpaper the computer will hang and suspend (beach ball) and its even just gone to a blank black screen a few times.

I'm out of ideas as to what this could be. I appreciate any and all help you guys can provide as I'm leaving for college next week and need a reliable computer. I do have Applecare but am waiting to take it in because the nearest store is kind of far away. Thanks

2. Medic311 macrumors 68000

Medic311

i too have a weird issue where sometimes the website will just hang and not load. the loading bar will creep incrementally and then maybe a minute later it will load. it's very strange.

the 2014 Macbook Air that i returned for the rMBP didn't do this at all. in fact, the MBA booted faster, loaded programs faster, and the instant on from sleep was faster.

screen is definitely gorgeous on this though

3. yjchua95 macrumors 604

I think it's the infamous Mavericks failed ARP causing network drops.

4. dul311 macrumors newbie

Hello,

Did you ever find a final fix for this. I have the same problem on my early 2013 MBPr 15". I have found threads about deleting BT plist which did work for me but I can't imagine that I have to do this everytime and reboot on a $2500 notebook.