Many Questions about Bootcamp on Early 2015 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Invict, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Invict macrumors newbie

Alright here is my situation. I current have a windows 8.1 iso and I wanted to bootcamp. Some person at my school said that getting windows on my macbook would not be as simple and that bootcamping wont work. Is this guy a complete idiot or will getting windows on my macbook be hard and not as simple as just running bootcamp.

I ran bootcamp a few hours ago and its been stuck at downloading windows support software for about 2 hours. I searched on google and found out that you can manually put the drivers on the usb and make the process go faster. Here is the link:https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1638?locale=en_US

There was three files when I unzipped. $WinPEDriver$, AutoUnattend.xml, and Bootcamp. Two folders and the xml file. I was told by a fellow from reddit to format my usb to make it fat format and Master Boot Record. I did not see any option for master boot record on disk utilities so I just formatted it as FAT. I asked the guy on reddit wouldn't the files I put on my usb just be deleted when bootcamp formats my usb. He did not reply. Skipping the Master Boot Record step, I moved all three files into the formatted usb and relaunched bootcamp.

I had all three options checked because no one said otherwise. I started bootcamp. The usb was formatted. The three files were gone. Now my bootcamp had been copying windows files. Until suddenly right the **** now it said an error occurred downloading windows files.

I could not get windows on my mac for a days due to idiots at my school and me personally hate the osx environment and was forced to get this mac by school policies. (Not trying to be rude but I am a bit cranky so can you all please for the love of god dont comment on how a school can do this. Its more complex than you think and dont say anything if you cannot help me)

Sorry for being rude. I am a tad salty.

Thank you

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

I doubt you'll get any help with that attitude.

3. IanKelleigh macrumors newbie

If you are having problems downloading the drivers from the Boot Camp Assistant, skip that step (uncheck it). You can still create the partition and install Windows 8.1 without them for now. You will still be able to boot into Windows when you restart (holding the Option key), but the proper drivers won't be installed yet.

Once in Windows, follow the instructions from that link you posted above. Download the driver software and install it directly from within Windows without putting it on any USB drive, restart and you should be set.