MANY QUESTIONS!!!! any help is appreciated :)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mathewbhavnani, Apr 26, 2015.

1. mathewbhavnani macrumors member

I don't usually feel very comfortable wearing the watch when I go to the gym(the handlebars of the treadmill get in the way and when I swing my arms, they can easily hit handlebars)....I do bring my iPhone so I'm wondering if the activity app will function just the same? And sync up with the watch when it is in range? Or do I have to wear the watch for the activity app to work?

Also when using weather as a complication on watch face, I heard it keeps location services on at all times on the phone therefore draining battery, as opposed to when it isn't a complication and location services aren't on at all times.....is this true?

What about power reserve? Does it still track activity? What does it mean? What can the watch do and NOT do in this mode?

I noticed that activity app only really does anything when you wear the watch...so if I have my phone in my pocket at the gym and not my watch on me, the activity app just does not do anything in terms of moving or exercising or standing....

I thought data would sync up when the iPhone was in range of the watch... But it doesn't

----------

Is there a way to reset activity app? Like start over from the beginning and set it up accordingly again? And erase the data?

2. Brett1203 macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

My location service is not on and my watch has the weather as one of the items on the watch face. Location only comes on when it refreshes or I open the weather app on my phone.

Battery life on my iPhone 6 Plus has not changed.

Power Reserve mode only allows the time to work.

3. Wallabe macrumors 6502a

4. mathewbhavnani thread starter macrumors member

5. Brett1203 macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

And yes activity syncs with the watch and app works if phone isn't with you and will sync once the phone and watch are connected again

6. mathewbhavnani thread starter macrumors member

How did you do this? It didn't sync for me....

7. Brett1203 macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

Should just automatically, I know my steps taken syncs to my phone. My phone has been on the table all day but it sees I've taken 3500 steps today

8. mathewbhavnani thread starter macrumors member

Oh I understand what you mean

BUT my question was what if the WATCH isn't with you? Does activity still track and sync WITH THE WATCH?

9. Brett1203 macrumors 6502a

Brett1203

It is supposed to yes once it reconnects to your phone