Many tiny clicking noises when i move my macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Rgober239, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Rgober239 macrumors newbie

So i have read everywhere and i cant find the answer to my problem anywhere everytime i move my mac (wether it's on or off) i hear a lot of clicking noises like tiny clicking noises when i move it up and down. i have heard about the hd clicking in place and i do hear that and it's one solid click, these clicks however sound like a bunch of little tiny clicks when i move my macbook up and down whether its on or off, is thiss normal? i just had it sent off and they replaced my logic bored battery and connecter i bought my macbook pro refurbished any ideas what these tiny clicks would be? p.s not to sure if they sound exactlly like clicking but i don't know how else to explain it...

2. I'mAMac macrumors 6502a

I'mAMac

If it is coming from the bottom right corner then its the HDD's Sudden Motion Sensor (SMS) and perfectly normal. Any other clicking shouldn't be happening and I would call Apple.

3. andrewface macrumors regular

andrewface

do you have a cd/dvd in the drive? if so thats the sound.

4. Rgober239 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't believe it's in the right corner sounds like near the middle i guess where the hard drive is.. (not sure where the hard drive is) but diffenitaly coming from the middle... it's a bunch of tiny clicking noises. grrr i don't wanna send it off again i've just had the macbook pro for 1 week and already had to be sent off once.

5. Rgober239 thread starter macrumors newbie

no cd in there so i was typing and i put my left palm near the track pad to rest and it started making that noise so i lifted up the computer and squeezed right beside the track pad on the left and it made those weird noises...

6. Rgober239 thread starter macrumors newbie

7. edifyingGerbil macrumors regular

The MBP I got last month did the same thing so I returned it twice, the third one didn't make the noise. You probably could fix it like the video shows but try returning it or taking it in and asking them if they would exchange it?

I exchanged mine today for the new 2011 MBPs and so far no noise whatsoever.

8. Rgober239 thread starter macrumors newbie

How sweet i ran to walmart got some eletrical tape and my problem is fixed... however i guess from taking off the bottom case so much it's a little loose and you can squeeze the left hand corner together and it will pop back out not that bad but deffinately some room between it... o well at least my problem is fixed.. now when i get my speck case i guess i won't have to worry about messing with the bottom of the lid =)