Map app not working

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by buzz620, Dec 10, 2014.

1. buzz620 macrumors newbie

The apple maps app is not working on Iphone 6 with updated OS yesterday (didn't work before that either). I have tried hard reset as well. This is not the only issue I have been having either.....comparing to my 4s that I had before. Other problems: In the past if someone texted an address I could click it and maps would open...not anymore. Siri does not understand me like she did on 4s. Several of my weather apps will not open...actually they open for about 5 seconds and then it closes and goes to home screen. I am really considering going back to my 4s.

2. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

If you can, I would exchange it. Maps should work. :)

I have asked this before, being new to iPhone and no one responded. Why not as second step after restart just delete and redownload app. Did that on Android with success. :)

3. buzz620 thread starter macrumors newbie

Cant delete the map app. But I HAVE tried deleting the weather apps that don't load and that does not fix the problem either.

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Settings > General > Reset > Erase all content and settings

OR

Use iTunes to restore your phone

This will delete everything off of your phone and return iOS to its original state. I would advise against restoring your backup, it may be what is causing the problems. Instead, re-download your apps to see if the problem goes away.

5. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

Doesn't make sense.
    Your saying that all your apps don't work or just apple maps?

Also, what exactly is not working with your maps?

6. buzz620 thread starter macrumors newbie

kd...when I hit the map app it seems to try and open for 1-2 seconds and then back to home screen. Other apps will open, the ones listed are the ones that I have noticed.

7. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Last measure try a DFU restore and reinstall from an iTunes backup.

8. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

wow...that is not an iOS thing.

Is your phone jail broken? Never seen that as an issue.

9. buzz620 thread starter macrumors newbie

No not jail broken.....and this is my 3rd iphone (3GS, 4s, 6) and I have never had any issues with the first two.

10. ftaok macrumors 603

ftaok

I'd try a hard reboot before restoring the phone or any of the other "harsher" options.

To do a hard reboot, hold the home and sleep buttons until the screen goes black; about 10 seconds. Then turn on as normal.

This usually solves weird issues with iOS devices. For instance, my wife's iPad mini 2 couldn't load any webpages or download email. Pretty much anything that hit the internet. It was attached to our wifi network.

A hard reboot and all was well.