Map/GPS of costa rica for iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vivithemage, Nov 23, 2010.

1. vivithemage macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

I am driving around Costa Rica for a few days, I cannot find any good alternative GPS for CR.

Can anyone recommend a GPS APP that has Costa Rica, or a map cache that will let me see the map, or GPS on it for CR?

2. vivithemage thread starter macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

3. LiquidThunderLT macrumors member

Just get an international sim and put it in and get a prepaid data plan dude, they actually have a reasonable infrastructure and data plans for not too much.

4. LiquidThunderLT macrumors member

There appear to be several apps that claim to have local map data and GPS functionality for CR. Here's one, search:

Navigation for Costa Rica - iGO My way 2010

It's $50 tho. There's another similar one for $20 but the reviews are awful.

5. vivithemage thread starter macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

I have a hard time beliving this ... out in the mountains/volcanos and whatnot. Whose their biggest carrier? Can I put in an international carriers mini sim card? Preference down there, with the best signal, for prepaid data/minutes?

6. SephirothXR macrumors 6502

I would just Google that.. but seeing as how I just got back from there after this summer, I would tell you that "I.C.E." is the best carrier there. You get decent coverage, I just can't remember if you get 3G coverage.