Map missing in Apple Activities

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by oeagleo, Nov 8, 2018.

1. oeagleo macrumors 6502

I'm currently on v12.1 on my iPhone 8+, and up until Nov 1, when I did any sort of activity, including indoor activities such as Yoga, inside walks, etc, at the bottom of the iOS screen (Workouts) for each workout, there was a small "map" showing where this activity took place. Not a track, just a simple location, so I can tell where this activity took place. Handy, because I do Mall walks around several malls for variety, along with several gyms for Silver Sneakers classes.

I used an app ONE TIME, called "Zones", and after using that app, I no longer have that little "map" showing where the activity took place. Is this something I have inadvertently done, something "Zones" did, or something an unnoticed SW upgrade did? Is there any way to get my little location map back?
    Thanks in advance.

2. rgyiv macrumors member

rgyiv

My only thought would be to check this:

On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Privacy > Location Services:

• Check that Location Services (the main setting at the top) is turned on.
    • In the list of apps beneath, check that Apple Watch Workout is set to While Using.
    • If each setting is already enabled:
      • Try briefly turning off Location Services and then turning it back on again.
      • Try briefly changing the setting for Apple Watch Workout to Never and then back to While Using.

3. oeagleo thread starter macrumors 6502

I'll bet you're right, since my S4 was one of the one's that was bricked, I'm awaiting the return of my watch, but this makes sense, and I WAS fooling around with location services, trying to squeeze the absolute most seconds out of the battery. Probalby turned that off by mistake.. Thanks for the heads up, I'll find out Tuesday.. :)

4. rgyiv macrumors member

rgyiv

Oh no!! Good luck!

5. oeagleo thread starter macrumors 6502

Not really a problem, as they say, "Pooh pooh occurs".. the main factor for things like this in my mind is what Apple does to correct the mistake, and I have no problem with that.. :) I've worked in the computer field for around 15 years before my retirement, so I fully understand that stuff can happen.