Map software?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by buxtone17, Jan 23, 2009.

1. buxtone17 macrumors regular

I'm looking for some software for Mac that I can use to create and print maps with driving directions and such.

Any ideas?

2. Angelo95210 macrumors 6502a

Angelo95210

3. buxtone17 thread starter macrumors regular

Google Maps is great for just finding directions, but when you print out a map from Google, you have no customizable options (size of map/text, page layout, etc).

I need something customizable and the only programs I've been able to find are for PC only...

4. ericthered macrumors member

There is a real deficit of mapping software for the MAC out there right now.

http://www.routebuddy.com/routebuddy/index.html

is one program but I've not used it beyond the demo. Seems mostly capable but the company isn't very good at disclosing how old the map data is or the frequency of updates.

Good hunting, let me know if you find anything of use asI'd also like something that doesn't require an internet connection to use. (like google maps)

Google maps works OK when I'm on-line but in the Pacific NW you aren't always close to a cell tower:)

5. Salmar macrumors regular

6. buxtone17 thread starter macrumors regular

The print layout at mapquest is a bit better than Google, but it's still not customizable.

I doubt any web based map finder is going to work.

7. buxtone17 thread starter macrumors regular

eric -

Thanks for the info. Just downloaded the demo. RouteBuddy 2.3 was apparently just released today. Good timing.

I'll check it out.