Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Funbags

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
Hello All,

Is there a easy way to Map the CTRL key to the command key?

Reason is so I can use CTRL C to copy.

Or map the command key Tab to ALT TAB to switch windows, etc instead of the or in addition to the command key.

Thanks
- John

tag

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2005
Ok, so you just want to switch the control key with the command key correct?

You can change the keys by going into 'System Preferences' > 'Keyboard & Mouse' > 'Keyboard' > then click on the 'Modifier Keys...' button. You can then change/swap any of the modifer keys you want.

Funbags

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
Sorry, I realized I should have been more clear, my fault.

Is there a way to change copy and paste to CTRL + C and CTRL + P
And Tab windows to ALT + TAB

tag

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2005
Funbags said:
Sorry, I realized I should have been more clear, my fault.

Is there a way to change copy and paste to CTRL + C and CTRL + P
And Tab windows to ALT + TAB

Hmm sorry, I don't have a clue then, and changing a paste shortcut so that it would use CTRL + P is even harder(actually I'm not sure its even possible) since that would normally default to print instead of paste (Unless you meant ctrl+v in which case never mind). Not sure if it can be done without some third party software(which I personally haven't heard of).

Just curious, from the way you want to remap and the referring to an ALT key, a windows keyboard is annoying you here? ;)

Funbags

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
Yes, CTRL + V :)

Yes I have a windows keyboard heh.. I keep hitting the wrong keys, driving me nuts.

Funbags

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
I guess just changing the modifier key as you originally suggested worked ok, but the its ctrl-tab to change windows rather then alt-tab.

Thanks!
- John

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.