Map view for inside of stores?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by mikeej, Mar 28, 2014.

1. mikeej macrumors newbie

Mar 28, 2014
    Hey I was on using 'Find My iPhone'. It showed where my phone was on the map and I noticed that a grocery store nearby had the inside of the store mapped, showing the correct location of where the different items for sale were inside the store.

I pulled up Maps on my iphone and saw that this feature was not on maps. I then noticed that the map on was a Google map. My Google Maps app on the iphone does have the inside of the store labeled. I didn't realize that feature was on google maps. Are there any talks about this feature coming to iphone?

Attached Files:

2. Solver macrumors 6502a

Jan 6, 2004
    Cupertino, CA
    Cool. Now instead of Find My iPhone telling me I left my iPhone some where inside Walmart, it could show that I left it on the snack isle.
  3. rablat macrumors 6502a

Oct 8, 2007
    Classified NSA intel
    No sure if Apple maps will have this or not but it's kinda of cool once it all gets worked out.
  4. cynics macrumors G4

Jan 8, 2012
    That would be helpful for me in a grocery store.
  5. mikeej thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 28, 2014
    I think it's weird that apple is using google maps for find my iphone. I guess they don't want to bother with making a web version of maps.
  6. Quotenfrau macrumors 6502

Mar 6, 2011
    Sadly the Apple world not very much open :(
  7. big samm macrumors 65816

Oct 27, 2008
    Wow that's kool!! Apple should definitely implement this in maps, that would be the perfect marriage between this and i ibeacon... But first more merchants would have to opt in and give their maps to apple and google...