Maplestory, On Windows, In Virtual Box, On Mac.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Singlish, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Singlish macrumors newbie

Yes, i know. Another one of those threads. But i would like to think that this is slightly different.

Technical Details:
    Mac OSX 10.6.4
    MacBook Pro 13 Inch
    Nvidia GeForce 320M
    VirtualBox 3.2.10
    Windows Vista
    MapleSEA

What I've tried (May sound crazy, but i've been trying for a whole year):
    -Installing the GeForce Driver on Virtual Machine.
    -The basic, enabling 3D Acceleration, enabling 2D Video Acceleration
    -Installing Guest Additions, in both Safe Mode and Normal Mode.
    -Running the MSEA shortcut with a "-opengl" at the back of the "target" textbox in the properties window.
    -Restarting
    -Restarting
    -"Run" Dxdiag to check for Direct3d. (Of the 3, top two are enabled. Bottom 1 is some texture thingy).

The problem:
    Can't run Maplestory on my Mac. At first the problem was, that i couldn't even get to the fullscreen part. I would just get an error. However, after trying some more, i was able to get to the fullscreen part of the game loading. However, it wasn't black. It was more like,

[​IMG]

Hope you guys can help, and thanks in advance. Imaginary cookies...

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

For any gaming, even simple stuff like Maple Story, bootcamp is your best bet.

3. Singlish thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes sir, i do realize. However, i would prefer to use a VM, as it is more convenient. Besides, i lack many things for a Bootcamp setup...

4. valvehead macrumors regular

Well, if you insist on using a VM, at least try VMware or Parallels. VirtualBox is okay for some things, but not so much for playing games.