Mapped network share opens in window on login.

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by reyalP, Jun 26, 2015.

1. reyalP macrumors regular

reyalP

Forgive my ignorance but I am new to mac.

I am trying to map the network drive from the WHS 2011 machine to the MBP. I have successfully mapped the drive. However, every time I restart the machine I would lose the drive and have to set it back up again.

So I did the following to get the share to reconnect at logon:

system preferences > users and groups > login items > copied the share into the login items box and checked the box to hide.

Every time I restart the computer the share reconnects at logon but it also opens the share in a window. Its a minor annoyance but I would like for it not to open the share at logon.

Could someone please help me with the right way to get the share to reconnect at logon without opening the folder every time.

2. reyalP thread starter macrumors regular

reyalP

Anyone? I thought this might be a simple fix but I guess it's more complicated than I thought.

3. reyalP thread starter macrumors regular

reyalP

Thanks. Tried those suggestions but none of them seemed to work. I just added the share to favorites and removed it from the logon items. The only problem with doing it this way is that I have to click on the drive to connect. It beats setting it up every time I logon though.

4. smirk macrumors 6502a

smirk

Is there a reason you don't want to just mount the share on demand, by selecting it from the "Shared" section of any Finder window or Open/Save dialog box?

5. jowow macrumors newbie

Hi, You can use automator to do that like below, drag it to login items. it work great.

2015-07-01 02.03.36 pm.jpg