Mapping Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MacDryCleaner, Oct 15, 2007.

1. MacDryCleaner macrumors regular

Hi Everyone -

I own a dry cleaning company (obviously) here in Minneapolis and we do home delivery. Every once in a while we have a driver call in sick and I would like to be able to give the substitute driver stop by stop directions for approximately 100 customers.

Does anyone know of a piece of Mac Software that can do this? Or, does anyone know of a portable device (such as a Tom Tom) that could achieve the same goal?

In the PC World two years ago I used a program called MapPoint which worked well, but now I am 100% Mac based and need a Mac solution.

Thanks for any responses.

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

having not actually used one but maybe an iPhone but for dedicated driving directions i'd say tom tom.

3. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

Couldn't you just use Google Maps or Mapquest?

4. MacDryCleaner thread starter macrumors regular

I could but ....

The problem there is you can only load a maximum of 10 stops and I need to load about 100. Also, I want to create and save this list for future editing purposes. For example, I might add or subtract customers. Google Maps or Mapquest would require me to re-type all 100 addresses and I only want to have to do that one time.

5. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB